“Great stay”
Review of Riad Dubai

Riad Dubai
Ranked #333 of 1,193 Marrakech B&B and Inns
Reviewed 17 January 2018

Nice location (20 mins walk to the main square and markets), comfortable bed, hot water for baths, stable Wi-Fi, great team, rooftop terrace.
I travelled to Marrakech for a short 4 day holiday as a lady solo traveller. I found the riad very comfortable because the team made me feel at home. Mohammed, Khadija, and Hassan made my stay extremely comfortable, prepared me amazing food and tasty mint tea. They arranged a day trip outside of the city for me, showed me how to navigate the intricate alleyways to find my way back to the riad and tried their best to ensure I had the best possible stay there.
The home cooked food was very good.
The Wi-Fi was very good, I could make whatsapp call and stream without problems. The other guests
were mostly French, German, Dutch, and English couples and solo travellers.
Good address.

Stayed: January 2018
1  Thank frenchmosquitofood

Reviewed 7 January 2018

I travelled here by taxi, First tip, be prepared to haggle the price! You will be amazed how this varies depending on the mood of the driver. Also be prepared for a long walk to the hotel as there are no roads in the near vacinity so I was dropped off quite a distanc away. It is also no the easiest to find for a first timer.

The hotel itself was very nice inside and rustic, it was extremely clean inside. Ssecond tip, if you are nice to the staff, they will be nice to you, of course nicer if you choose to tip them - reccomended.

I travelled March time so it was a lot cloder than expected but the staff were very accomodating, providing extra blankets and even made me tea. The staff were very helpful when it came to planning trips and also gave a few tips on what/what not to do or look out for.

The internet was very poor but to be expected in a developing country.

Some things were not so good. It doesnt matter day or night but a memeber of staff was always sleeping in the dining area so I tended to avoid this as it felt a little intrusive and I didnt want to wake them.

My room overlooked the other rooms, one morning I woke late to see a little boy (10/11) sneaking into the other rooms and looking through peoples belongings - so dont leave money/valuables behind.

However it was a good place in terms of location. I cannot comment on the food here as I felt it was overpriced so chose not to try any of it and ate out instead - there are lots of these places readily available.

Be warned - people will hassle you at every corner asking you where you are going and will offer to tell you the way but wanting payment for this. They are always looking for any excuse to "earn" some money.

Room Tip: There is one large room which is far bigger and cleaner than the others - request this.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 December 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for 4 nights... Easy to find and we found it perfect location to travel around Medina! Everything is accessible walking and it's not too close to the square which means you get a good night's sleep! Mohammed and Hassan were there for us whenever we needed them to sort out taxis and Excursions at very good prices compared to the prices which were branded about town! I would definitely recommend this place of you are after a genuine Moroccan experience! Just felt very safe! Will definitely be staying here again if I return to Marrakech

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank amerditta
Reviewed 17 November 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for a week. The road is easy to find-even at night. For us it was perfectly placed and meant we could walk everywhere.the rooms were clean and the beds comfy. Initially we had a room downstairs next to the reception. We enquired if there were any other rooms and the next day were relocated to an upstairs room. Loved the style of this road and the roof terrace was a lovely place to relax and have breakfast. It could be a bit noisy but we were expecting this due to it being a road and not a hotel. The staff at the road were great. Nothing was too much trouble and they booked a number of trips for us during our stay. We would definitely stay here again

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kelly B
Reviewed 8 October 2017

We had a great time in Riad Dubai. Jamal and his team were always very available and kind with my friends and I. The room was always nice (exept once: cockroaches entered the tub drain. Pls don't forget to keep it close after shower), air con and clean and the decor was cute.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends