“Nice restaurant and a change from Tagines”
Review of Amaia Restaurant

Amaia Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 993 Restaurants in Marrakech
Price range: US$9 - US$35
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Near the post office of Marrakesh Gueliz, on the Hassan 2 boulevard, the Amaia restaurant is Open from Monday to Saturday. Food is served all day. Eat in or take out, food is tasty, healthy, light and so are the prices. For lunch and dinner, in a cozy atmosphere, check out the large menu with its good wines and daily suggestions. At aperitif time, a large variety of cocktails and tapas are also available.
Reviewed 13 January 2018 via mobile

Having had our fill of Tagines in the old city for 4 days (really nice but they can get a bit repetitive!), Amaia offered a refreshing change on our last day in Marrakech. The menu is “fusion” offering a range of cuisines. We had the sea bass and chicken wok, which were both excellent. Starters and desert were also delicious. The service was very friendly and relaxed. The prices go down quite a bit once you get out of the old city, and our bill was excellent value for money. Only a 10 min taxi ride from the old town. Thoroughly recommended.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,266)

Reviewed 9 January 2018 via mobile

If you’re fed with the common touristic menus and atmosphere you can get almost everywhere in Marrakech, Amaia will make you happy. Good Moroccan wines and modern decoration will help you catch your breath back. Menu is mostly French inspired fusion. My husband enjoyed his New Yorker steak and I had a steak tartare, not the texture I expected, but it was ok. We mostly enjoyed the spring rolls, crunchy and delicious. We would love to hang out longer and enjoy some of the single malts they served but we had an early flight the next morning so we had to skip that option. I definitely recommend Amaia, mind you, the prices are relatively high for the portions they serve.

Reviewed 7 January 2018

We are a big group but they served us with very good food yet very efficient. Nice deco. We especially like the desert, lemon tart.

Reviewed 5 January 2018

My friend and I had our New Year’s Eve meal there, the food was exquisite. I can’t recommend it highly enough and at half the price of what other restaurants were charging on the night.

Reviewed 1 January 2018 via mobile

From start to finish a real pleasant experience!
They can’t do enough for you.
Speak really good English and the menu is in English as well as other languages.
I had the chicken salad to start, there’s a lot of it but it’s amazing! And so refreshing!
My friend had the fish cakes and she really enjoyed them. It all tasted so fresh!
For main we both had pasta and there was just enough - perfect amount!
I had the aubergine pasta and she had the bacon tagliatelle!
It was the most expensive meal we’ve eaten here but it was well worth it!
I just wish we’d had room for desert! And more time to go back again!
You won’t be disappointed