All reviewsmint teael fenaroof terraceexploring marrakeshan ideal locationenjoy your staythree nightsquiet oasisairport picka lovely staybreakfast and dinnertucked awayyogurtsimomoroccoriadsquare
Reviewed 31 December 2015

The Riyad is just 10 min walk from Main Square in old Medina, yet it’s very quiet, safe and peaceful at the end of an alleyway. After walking through ancient tiny alley with mud and brick pathway, you enter this fabulous house with beautiful décor and very friendly staff welcoming you with traditional mint tea (the best). The entrance is very nice with lots of natural sun light and dining space. Each room has its own unique decoration. We stayed at the smallest room but we loved it as it was the corner room upstairs, very cozy with rustic furniture and beautiful wall carving. Each room has attached bathroom with a touch of Moroccan theme. There is veranda all around the first floor where you can just lounge with sunlight coming from the roof. The terrace is really nice, with eating arrangement as well as a covered shaded seating area for the afternoon time when sun is too hot and you want to enjoy the outdoor while being in the shade. There is also living room on the main (ground) floor with fire place for a cozy cold night and for a group of friends to hang-out.

We stayed here 5 nights, and had breakfast in the terrace every day, which was quite fabulous. They gave us mint tea and coffee along with an assorted crepes and delicious jam, honey, butter, cheese and egg (it was more than plentiful). Aissa and Mohammad were very nice and hospitable and they made our stay especially comfortable. We didn’t have time to taste their lunch or dinner, however, their dining area is so nice, I’m sure it’ll be very enjoyable to have a meal there.
Overall, it was fantastic and I would highly recommend this Riyad in terms of location, interior and wonderful hospitable staff.

Room Tip: 1st floor has 4 nice rooms. Ground floor rooms open to dining/reception, so slightly lesser privacy.
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nashida S
Reviewed 26 December 2015 via mobile

Nice greetings when we came, but it took to Long time to get the room. At the terass they would like to serve breakfast -it was no sun and it was very cold. They want us to eat a feastdinner and I asked if it would be to cold inside the riad. They said it would be warmed up then but it was really cold inside also. The room was also cold and no- one showed us how to get the heat on! After four days I catch a cold and didn't feel good at all. It was to many different people working there, so they didn' t know what was said the night before. Sorry but this wasn' t a place for us.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 December 2015

My wife and I stayed here in Nov 2015. We booked over the internet and the process was easy. Having read reviews we asked for transfers from the airport which was worthwhile as it speeded up the process. It is essential to have the "Bag Cart" otherwise you will never find the Riad but once you are there navigating around the Medina is easy.
The Riad has been recently renovated and this has been done very sympathetically.
We stayed in the Turquoise Room which was very nice but a couple of the rooms seemed quite a bit smaller
The roof terrace was a lovely place for breakfast and we enjoyed the meal very much.
We were met by Salah and shown around and he was always on hand to help and arrange tours.
We had two suppers in the Riad and they were both the best food that we had in Morocco, Khadija, the cook was superb and produced very appetising and tasty food. We book for a meal the evening we arrived as our flight arrived early evening so by the time we got to the Riad we did not fancy going out again and I would recommend this to anyone.
Soukaina & Hasmag did the housekeeping and the riad was always very clean and tidy!
The only thing we would suggest is less "local drumming" when other guests have gone to their rooms for peace & quite, the noise travels everywhere! but it only went on for about 10 - 15 mins each time and I am sure they thought they were providing an experience!
We would definately recommend this Riad!!

Room Tip: Not a room on the ground floor (by the dining & communal areas) or on the roof terrace, again a noisier area.
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 December 2015

My husband and I arrived at about 9 pm after a very slow process getting through immigration at the airport! We were greeted with delicious reviving mint tea, biscuits and a welcome chat. We were then shown to our amazing room (The Turquoise Suite), which was just beautiful and with a very spacious en-suite shower room. We had pre-ordered our dinner as we felt that because we would be arriving fairly late we did not really want to be trying to find somewhere to eat late at night. The meal that was produced for us was superb and in fact, we ended up having our last meal in the Riad as in our opinion we had the best food in Marrakech there! Breakfasts were taken on the roof terrace and there was always a good choice of different dishes. Salah the manager was very polite and helpful and a special thanks to Khadija the cook, she is just amazing and my only regret is that I never did the cookery lesson with her! Also big thanks to Soukiana and Hasmaa who keep the Riad immaculate. I would have no hesitation recommending this Riad and the people who run it and make it so special.

Room Tip: Avoid the rooms on the ground floor they could possibly be noisy, we had the Turquoise Suite which is on the first floor.
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 November 2015

Arriving to the Riad they treat you like royalty. The manager is very personable and very accommodating. You are walking distance to the main square, the markets, the palace, etc. We did not go out to eat so the manager decided they could cook for us. It was delicious. We spent a couple night this Riad and I which we would have stayed longer. I had a massage on of the nights and the lady knew what she was doing. All in all an Excellent experience.

Room Tip: I love all the rooms. They are all different.
  • Stayed: December 2014, travelled with family