“Wouldn’t recommend this place ”
Review of Le Salama

Le Salama
Ranked #229 of 965 Restaurants in Marrakech
Price range: US$12 - US$37
Cuisines: Moroccan, Bar, Wine Bar
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: This restaurant/ bar is a true find. Located just meters off Djema el Fna square it has an ambience and elegance not previously found on the square. Having just opened in December 2011 the service is superb and vibrant. Le Salama is spread over 3 levels allowing to cater for over 200 guests and is crowned with a panoramic terrace overlooking the Atlas mountains and a 360 degree view of the medina. The menu offers modern Moroccan cuisine including delights such as Monkfish Tagine or Lamb Shank with caramelized tomatoes and poached pear. Mouthwatering! This is the perfect place for a tea break, sipping a cocktail or a good local Moroccan wine or even having a meal after shopping in the souk.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I was recommended this cafe / restaurant by one of the top rated Riads in the Médina, as their 6st choice, because I already eat at the first 5. But I must admit I am quite disappointed!

First impression was perfect, great view at their terrace, great interior, staff dressed nicely and professional, but then they approach you and they miss all the gained credibility from the first impression.

First you order some food, they say they don’t have that. Then you order some different food, again, they don’t have that.
( every time the waitress leaves for 5-10 minutes instead of staying near the table to write the order down) after a few more attempts we end up ordering a cheeseburger and chicken sandwich ( yes, not very smooth choices, but they didn’t have all the specialities we wanted to order )

The food was cheap ( 60-80 DH pr serving ) but was not tasty at all. The mojoito was good though.

For “dessert” we ordered a hookah / shisha with mint flavor, the waiter told us you could choice between mint and apple, I don’t smoke apple so I ordered the Mint, but ofc I got the apple. I then complained about this, and the manager came down to my table and ask what’s wrong, I explained what I ordered and he came back down and said that they only have apple today and the waiter must have misunderstood my order, how is that possible when I get the choices explained. Not the other way around.

I ordered the bill without touching the shisha ( and telling the manager that I don’t smoke Apple), but still got charged for it, so again i needed to ask them to remove this from my bill, which they did without any problems, but it shouldn’t have been their in the beginning.

So all in all a very disappointed lunch in Marrakech.

1  Thank Dr0zie
Write a ReviewReviews (1,502)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Absolutely terrible.
The service was very slow - the main course arrived two hours after we ordered.
The main course dish of chicken and chips consisted of extremely dry lukewarm chicken and 3 chips - (yes 3 really). The others in our party also got 3 chips with their main courses and no other veg at all. One of our parties meal was completely forgotton so they got no meal at all!
The 2 for one drinks offer meant for wine meant that we got two half-full glasses.

2  Thank Tr1padvi50r
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Awful service, cold food and not worth visiting. Highly disappointed. In addition, the restaurant was overpriced.

1  Thank hjr1090
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Manager was incredibly rude and disrespectful. Our “2 for 1 drinks” were charged at full price and once we argued we were laughed at. Incredibly bad service and tourist trap. DO NOT GO HERE.

2  Thank Daniel M
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

After being ushered/haggled by someone on the street under the (false) pretense of receiving happy hour drinks, we thought we'd give it a try. Upon entering, the waitress told us happy hour (2for1) only applies to beer, wine, prosecco. We were given a drinks menu (different from the one that pops out later...stay tuned) and we were off. We ordered quite a lot of coronas (as they were listed as one of the beers in the menu we were given) amongst other things and when we received the bill, no 2for1 offer was indicated. We complained, naturally, and the manager handed us another completely different 1 laminated page menu which highlighted that coronas (nor any other beer listed in the previous menu) are not part of the happy hour special. We tried to argue but the manager was possibly the most unpleasant person I've met and the uneasy feeling made us drop the case and with it, quite a lot of money. Be Careful you don't fall into the same trap! Very Dodgey and extremely sneaky and the manager had absolutely no regard for customer satisfaction in the slightest. Go elsewhere for a few drinks!

2  Thank Mareels