La Maison Arabe
Orbitz.com
US$389
US$375
2,236 results
All reviewsjazz barcooking schoolcooking classinternational restaurantcookery coursemoroccan cookingroyal suitetaginebeautiful hotelan oasiswelcome drinkboutique hotellarge poolprivate terracemoroccan experiencefree shuttlehammam and massage
Reviewed 16 September 2010

We had not expected to be here! I had booked the Royal Suite at nearby Riad Kniza but our reservation for five nights had got lost between their e-mail system and their hard copy desk diary.Kamal the owner/manage offered us a "standard" room/suite at no charge for the day/night of our arrival and because he was full, as recompense booked us into La Maison Arab and paid room costs for half our remaining four nights stay. The suite on the first floor with terrace overlooking the pool was spacious and very comfortable. For 350Dh /night they promptly supplied a spare bed for our son who joined us later.

We ate "Moroccan" once. The food was good and service also but it was far too expensive for what it was. Including 10% charged for service our meal for three with wine was just under 1900Dh. The other restaurant by the pool was far better value. Breakfast was satisfactory without being outstanding. The freshly squeezed orange juice and grapefruit juice dispensers were so loaded with ice that the juices were heavily diluted and their true flavours lost. Eggs ordered at table were always cooked as requested. No hard cheeses were offered until requested. Coffee was full of flavour and very strong and served in insulated flasks...perfect.

Our room was serviced twice daily by courteous staff. It was a pity that our room service ordered breakfast [noted by staff the night before our very early departure] did not come as specified.

We were as above looking forward to a Riad. This is a hotel in a Medina full of riads. The authentic Moroccan experience is therefore somewhat lost. You pays your money and takes your choice. Our choice was Riad Kniza but then I didn`t pay all the money.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 September 2010

After endless weeks of research, including many hours spent on Tripadvisor, we chose La Maison Arabe as our hotel in Marrakech as it was one of only a handful of places that offered the following things that were important to us:
1. a medina location, yet with parking as we would be arriving by rental car from Casablanca and traveling with a lot of luggage
2. ideally a riad, but we were looking for something larger than a 4-6 room B&B type of place
3. swimming pool (we were going in July and so were expecting it to be hot – it was!)
4. air conditioning was a must
5. restaurant at the hotel
6. ideally an elevator (we are senior citizens)
La Maison Arabe was the perfect size; it has all the warmth and personalized service of a private club, combined with the benefits of a larger hotel such as a great front desk, room service, bar. Our room was large and beautifully decorated and had a terrace overlooking the swimming pool. The pool was much larger than what we were expecting at a riad-hotel. There were 3 flights of stairs between our room and the poolside area where breakfast was served, so the elevator ended up coming in very handy. I don’t think all the rooms at the hotel are accessible by elevator, so you should double-check this if it's important for you.
The staff could not have been friendlier or more professional and always seemed to be there when we wanted something. We were pleasantly surprised by the level of English spoken by the staff. I thought I’d have to dust off what remains of my high school French, but it wasn’t necessary.
The food at La Maison Arabe was out of this world. The Moroccan-French menu offered many fish dishes, which was great for us as neither my wife or I eat meat. The restaurant serves delicious Moroccan wines (one of the great discoveries of our trip).
I should mention that Marrakech in July was VERY hot -- you should consider this if planning a trip to Morocco.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 August 2010

Having never been to Marrakech or Morocco before we were recommended to stay at La Maison Arabe by a friend who had previously stayed there.

Staying here was the best part of our trip.

The staff we extremely friendly and very helpful. Not sure why the previous review said the lady at the front desk had made fun of her.

I started a review on every aspect of the hotel but it was so full of praises that it went on and on and I feared would not be read. So I will make this short and sweet.

You will not regret staying here. Every aspect of the hotel is impeccable. From the rooms, to the food, to the incredible location, right next to the souk and within in arms reach of all attractions.

The staff were fantastic. Every restaurant, guide, hotels in other parts of Morocco, and experiences La Maison Arabe organised for us to do were spot on, and they listened to everything we asked for and fulfilled the requests immediately.

One of the best parts of this hotel is its country club. The hotel owns another piece of land about a 10 minute drive from the hotel. They have a shuttle bus that take guests to and from the Country Club. The Country Club is the most beautiful relaxing part of the hotel. With amazing cactus gardens and a brilliant pool that you can lye by all day this is not to be missed.

We spent our mornings with private guides and drivers that the hotel organised for us to discover different parts of Marrakech, they were not expensive and very good. And then the afternoons were spent by the pool at the country club, where you can wine, dine and just relax.

There is also a cooking school that the hotel runs which we were told by other guests was the best part of their trip. Unfortunately we ran out of time to par take and are very disappointed by that.

The Staff were fantastic. Especially the staff who work behind the front desk. Having never been to Morocco before they helped us with every aspect of our 10 day trip and even booked other accommodation for us in Fes, and other Morccoan towns. Which was also outstanding.

The Spa was also terrific. I highly recommend you treat yourself to a pampering session here if time allows.

There are so many other wonderful things about this hotel, like its bar and reading room that I simply do not have time to mention them all.

All I can say is you will not be disappointed one bit by your experience if you stay at this hotel. The Owner is divine and always present on site to make sure things are running smoothly.

Highly recommended, I wouldn't advise staying any where else.

• Stayed: June 2010
1  Thank samk10
Reviewed 24 July 2010

Let me start out by saying that I have never written a bad review. When something happens I usually let little things roll off my back.

Anyway we arrived at the hotel and were greeted by the doorman who was quite nice. We didn't have a reservation and so we inquired about the price at the front desk. The doorman greeted us in English (we look quite American) and so we began speaking in English at the desk. We were told the price and went upstairs to check on the room. When we came back down asked if there was a slightly cheaper room as this room was a little pricey for us. The woman at the desk let out a large exasperated sigh and went to check out the computer. She quoted another price for a small junior suite and my wife and I talked about the price for at most thirty seconds with each other. During this time the woman at the desk was acting like we were taking about half an hour. Moments later we decided to stay and were given our keys. About this time another couple came up to the desk and as we were filling out our passport information the woman at the desk started making fun of us in Darija which is the type of Arabic that is spoken in Morocco. My wife speaks Darija!!!! She was standing there acting cool making fun of the "stupid Americans" right in front of us thinking that we couldn't understand what she was saying. As we were leaving I heard her saying in French to a guest who had just walked up to the desk how cheap we were and something about being capitalist snobs. I was nothing but nice to her.

For a nicer hotel this was not the kind of service that I expected. When we got up to the room and I mention to my wife that she was making fun of us in French she said that the clerk was making fun of us in Darija. We were nothing but nice to her.

Other than that the stay was as you would expect. The pool was nice although it close early. The bed was comfortable but we could never quite get over the service.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
34  Thank slim109
Reviewed 29 June 2010

We recently took advantage of a “4 nights for the price of 3” promotion at La Maison Arabe and chose a Junior Suite (“Layle”) which was just perfect, overlooking the hotel’s swimming pool. It was beautifully decorated, with lots of closet space and a leather-panelled wall behind the bed (which was the most comfortable, by far, during our entire trip to Morocco).
There is a European elegance at this hotel that I was not expecting to find in Morocco. It seemed that every object has been chosen and placed with an incredible eye and taste. The salons and bar in the older wing of the hotel particularly impressed me – everything seemed so refined and luxurious, but never ostentatious or overdone.
The word refined – as well as efficient – can also be used to describe the staff at La Maison Arabe. Everyone spoke a decent level of English, which was not the case at the other hotels we stayed at in Morocco.
The use of the hotel’s stunning country annex swimming pool was a big and unexpected bonus. We were told it is reserved only for hotel guests, which makes sense as there were only 3 other couples there both afternoons that we went.
My husband and I stayed in one evening and ate at the hotel’s international restaurant, which ended up being the best meal on our entire trip. It was also the most romantic meal, accompanied by excellent guitar and lute players. We lingered on long after our dessert (a delicious Grand Marnier soufflé) to keep listening to them. Just magical!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple