Riad Dar Karma(Marrakech)
Free cancellation until 21/07
US$192
US$85
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$117/night.

Riad Karmela(Marrakech)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$95
US$72
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$81/night.

Riad Bindoo(Marrakech)
US$77
US$59
US$85
US$60
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$71/night.

Riad Dar Najat(Marrakech)
US$105
US$73
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$87/night.

Riad Dar Al Kounouz(Marrakech)(Great Value!)
US$76
US$49
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$55/night.

US$136
La Maison Arabe(Marrakech)
US$251
US$234
  • Free Breakfast
All reviewslovely hotelpancakessmall balconyquiet locationdouble roompool viewrooms were cleanedcleaned every daysun loungerstaxiscleanersmorrocopoolsidesunbathingsquarehammam
Reviewed 20 May 2018

Having read some of the reviews i was apprehensive to stay in this hotel, however i was very pleasantly surprised! The room was clean and very comfortable with an amazing view of the gardens and the pool. The staff were extremely friendly and couldn't do enough for us. yes the room could have benefited from a little paint job but it is only a minor detail considering the small amount of time you would spend in your room. the room was cleaned every day. The pool area was clean and very relaxing (no fighting over sunloungers!). Breakfast was delicious and could be eaten by the pool! I went down to the spa and had a great massage. There are a few restaurant nearby our favourite was Le Diamant Vert, the food was excellent and very cheap.
There are taxis outside the hotel waiting to take you to discover beautiful Marrakesh, you can agree the price with the driver,
I had an issue with my boarding pass and the lady at reception let me use her computer to sort issue (free of charge!)
I have already booked my stay there for next year and i cannot wait!

Room Tip: Ask for garden view room
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
3  Thank sandramillican2018
Zakia O, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Marrakech le Tichka, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2018

Dear Mrs Sandra Millican

Thank you for choosing our Hotel. Your opinion is very important for us.

We are pleased that you have appreciated your stay with us.

Looking forward to the pleasure of having you among our faithful guest.

Reviewed 14 May 2018 via mobile

Be prepared this is a long read, however truthful.

Where do I start?
I am constantly in Morocco due to business, however have never stayed in a Hotel like Marrakech Le Tichka.

- Breakfast = Very poor! Breakfast was meant to be a buffet style however a buffet service would be amazing if there was a choice of food. Breakfast consisted of: cheese, salad, slices of oranges, bread, runny runny scrambled eggs (resembles porridge and this isn’t an exaggeration), croissants, and on occasion Moroccan pancake (however don’t expect this and don’t expect them to be cooked properly).

- Employees of the hotel had arguements with other members of staff in front of customers and potential customers without a care in the world (without apologising to customers for there behaviour).

- Lack of towels! At one point I had called the reception to “order” my towel and was told someone is bringing it up NOW. I proceeded to get in the shower however was left standing and air drying as I was made a false promise.

- Bed sheets were dirty upon arrival. Sheets were not changed by the cleaners until we told them to provide us with fresh sheets so we can change them ourselves.

-Mattress was terrible! As you laid down on the bed your body sinks within the mattress making your sleep uncomfortable. Mattress wasn’t memory foam, I believe the springs had gone in these. Woke up each morning feeling terrible as my spine was in pain and only getting worse with each sleep.

- WIFI is POOR. Don’t expect to get connection in the rooms as the only place (if lucky) would be reception area. However, WIFI at the hotel next door (SEMIRAMIS) is really good! Connect to them.

- Air Conditioning does not work and is extremely LOUD when you try put it on.

- I was told to turn OFF my music i was playing in the room as staff complained to the reception (Music was being played from my mobile device so it was not loud as you can imagine).

- Staff are extremely RUDE and unfortunately LACK customer service skills. This doesn’t help your experience as they are miserable and don’t welcome you or greet you with a smile (Smiles are free).
Also, when you talk to one member of staff it ends up being a conversation with 3 other employees. This tends to be a little bit intimidating and almost feels like they’re bullying and ganging up on you.

- You are NOT allowed to bring in food from outside such as sweets or hot food into the pool area. They do NOT offer snacks here nor do they offer burgers/ pizzas so I couldn’t understand why food they didn’t serve wasn’t permitted.

- Bedrooms are extremely dark. There are no lights on the ceiling. However small wall lamps and two tall lamps.

- There is no information in the rooms regarding receptions number or who to contact for what. I had attempted to dial random numbers on the phone in the room and lucky got through to reception (Can’t tell you what number? it was a lucky guess as were the other numbers I had dialled.

- There is NO heated pool. This is a lie.
- There is NO snack bar. This is also a lie.

Overall, I do not believe this hotel is a 4 star. I would most likely give this a 2 star moving onto a 2 and a half. I wouldn’t recommend this hotel to any of my dearest or anyone else, nor would I stay here again.
Invest your money into another hotel who deserve it and appreciate your stay with them.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
7  Thank Nothing B

Dear Sir Nothing

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay. Your opinion is very important for us to improve the quality of our service. The Hotel management was at your disposal to solve any problem if you have appealed to them.
We apologize for all these inconveniences.

Reviewed 7 April 2018

If you blend together the pluses and minuses of this hotel, then a 3 works out about right. The plus points are the garden area and small pool, very quiet, the evening buffets with 5-6 hot dishes plus salad (although minimal desserts). The rooms were clean and comfortable.
WiFi is hit and miss, more often miss in the rooms..we often had a better connection from the next door hotel.
The negatives are the poor service from the reception staff, simple requests eggs fir an extra pillow had to be chased up. Breakfast was shambolic, day one, everything ran out, no coffee cups, empty serving dishes and no urgency to address things. Our tour guide brought in his Head Office managers to try to address the short comings with the hotel management, with only a modicum of success. The hotel needs a decent restaurant manager to keep the staff on their toes.
The general feel of the hotel is not helped by its location. It's fairly central, but there's a derelict hotel next door and beggars out on the main road targeting tourists.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Mike M
Reviewed 24 February 2018 via mobile

This hotel has potential but appears to be badly run. Our group had many complaints, mainly centred around the electric fitting - bare wires, plugs not secured, hair dryer falling off wall.
It was so bad we were all moved to a different hotel.
The restaurant was badly laid out, with only average food. It was crowded, with crockery missing etc.
It spoilt our visit to Marrakech

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
5  Thank manfromguernsey
Zakia O, Reservation Manager at Hotel Marrakech le Tichka, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2018

Dear Guest,
Greeting from Le Tichka Hotel!
Thank you for choosing our Hotel for your stay.
Your opinion is very important for us to improve the quality of our service.
Thank you for sharing your experience with us.
Looking forward to having you among our faithful guests.
Best Regards

Reviewed 24 February 2018

Number 1 advise to anyone is to look at reviews before you book the hotel. Don’t be me and look after you've booked. If it read the reviews prior to booking I may have cancelled, however the experience wasn’t too bad but it wasn’t amazing.

When we first arrived at the hotel, we had a late night flight so we got to the hotel after midnight. We were knackered and tired. So when we arrived and checked in, we were told about some tax rate per day. This was not mentioned anywhere during the booking, it was a bit of a surprise but we paid anyways to avoid hassle. The fact that we were tired, we didn’t have any energy in the first place.

When they took us to the room it wasn’t even ready, it was used and unclean. Not what you want when your tired. By the looks of things it looked as if the bell boy was surprised by the state of the room himself. Then they gave us a smaller room with two beds. I had booked a room with 3 single beds/1 single and 1 double bed. What they ended up doing was providing a room with 2 single beds and added a fold up bed for the night. We didn’t get our room until after 3pm the next day.

Once we did get our room, they gave us what they called one of their best rooms with a pool side view. The room was cleaned and decorated with petals. For us this wasn’t exactly necessary but it looked nice. The furniture however was tacky and could do with refurbishment. The carpet had stains, the walls had marks and the lighting was dull. It did not look too appealing. The AC didn’t work too well either. For me it was not cool enough.

They played music for guest dining near the poolside, but the music lasted till 1 in the morning. For a room near the pool side the music became a nuisance. They provided WIFI but we didn’t have any good signal in our room, we would usually have to go to the lobby to get a better connection.

Their breakfast was very basic and it was the same day after day. I did get ill during the trip and eating the breakfast didn’t help. Would not blame the breakfast for my illness but it wasn’t appealing. The basic you would find in the buffet would be the same scrambled eggs, boiled eggs, croissants, bread, fruit, salami ect. Overall it wasn’t too bad at first but when you're having it constantly you get tired of the same food.

We ate at the hotels restaurant for two nights and the food wasn’t too bad. It was slightly pricey in comparison to our other meals but it was good quality food.

The pool had a nice view, it was clean most of the time and not too crowded which was great. The architecture of the actual hotel was unique, you could tell it had Moroccan culture cultivated into it.

When I read some of the reviews online I found out that people have had money stolen from them. We were precautious as we didn’t leave any money or anything valuable lying around. We didn’t even bother to use the safe. Whenever we left the hotel we would lock our suitcases and usually had all our money and our valuables (mainly our phones) with us. The service wasn’t too bad, but we can't judge on this as we didn’t ask for much. Our rooms were cleaned on a day to day basis which was all we mainly needed.

I did get ill during the trip and I had to ask reception to get me a doctor. Swiftly they did get me one, however the doctor did rip me off. He charged me approx. £50 on medication. I didn’t have a choice at the time as I needed the medication, but later once converted I realised I was ripped off. I did have insurance but claiming it back was another mission I was not ready for.

Overall it’s a good budgeted hotel, but I can honestly say I've seen better. Personally if I was to go Marrakech again, I would look for a better hotel and ensure I've read every review and looked at every picture posted about the hotel. The hotel is slightly tacky for my liking. I'm use to a nice clean and bright place. Not something that’s dull and looks damp and dark. For anything you want they will charge you for example, water wasn’t complementary we had to buy it every time.

Room Tip: make sure its ready before you come
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank summayya999

Dear M. Summayya,
Greeting from Le Tichka Hotel!
Thank you for choosing our Hotel for your stay.
Your opinion is very important for us to improve the quality of our service.
Thank you for sharing your experience with us.
Looking forward to having you among our faithful guests.
Best Regards