“Dashing through Marrakech on a modo ped”
Review of Dar Asdika

Dar Asdika
Ranked #65 of 1,170 Marrakech B&B and Inns
Reviewed 14 November 2016

I found myself in Marrakech without a room, because I had reserved a room in a different hotel only to find I had reserved it for the next day. My guide recommended Dar Asdika run by Hanane and Rihanna, two very friendly and helpful ladies. Upon my arrival I found I needed to pay in cash, but without enough dirham. It was late and dark and I was tired from my long journey to reach Marrakech. Hanane said I could pay the next day, no problem, but I preferred to go to an ATM that night. Hanane said it was a short distance to the ATM and volunteered to take me on her modoped. My first time and so much fun! She drove carefully to the ATM, then took me around to orient me on how to get to the medina and big plaza the next day.

This cute boutique hotel tucked away in the medina was like something you would find in a Moroccan fairy tale, where I expected Ali Babba to appear! The sitting area was beautifully decorated with bright colorful pillows and rugs. My room was clean and comfortable, just right for a solo traveler. There was a small lounge couch, coffee table and a TV.

The next morning Rihanna served a tasty Moroccan breakfast with a variety of breads, cheese, orange juice, and a choice of coffee or delicious Moroccan mint tea.

The hotel was within easy walking distance to the big plaza and the medina. They also arranged for me to have a tour guide for the afternoon who took me to the locals' souk. I cancelled my other hotel and stayed here another night. I would highly recommend Dar Asdika.

Room Tip: The rooms all have names, mine was Fatima. A very nice quiet room, because of its location, all of...
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo

Reviewed 31 October 2016

We stayed at the Dar Asdika for 3 nights. Our adventure in Marrakesh was amazing. We really enjoyed ourselves and Brianna really facilitated our experience. She was always available to provide us helpful information. She is a great cook as well and breakfasts were varied from day to day and very tasty. Our room was a little small but that is what we had chosen on booking. The roof top balcony was nice and gave us another perspective of the city.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 October 2016

I recommend this Riad. It´s between the old and the new part of Marrakech, and its about 10 minutes walk to Jamaa El Fnaa. The Riad is cosy, clean, and comfortable, and the staff is great! Hanane and the other staff were great, and you felt like you were home, they also served great breakfast! I highly recommend this place, the area is always crowed so you´re never alone, there are taxis all the time so you don´t have to walk for long to take a taxi.
I will for sure come back! :)

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 September 2016 via mobile

You will be so impressed by this hidden gem on a little alley tucked away from the main street.
The host is so very friendly and welcoming. She made the stay so memorable. Her meals were more than ample and authentic. We were greeted every morning with a warm smile and all our favourite breakfast preferences. She made special dinners for us in Moroccan style and catered to my partner's vegetarian tastes.
The rooms are charming yet simple but more than adequate. There is a rooftop patio that always seemed to be waiting just for us. There is a very pretty view of the city and the mosques of the area. We brought our own drinks up there to celebrate this amazing find. When we return to Marrakech we intend to come back to this very spot. Next time we plan to take a Sahara Desert excursion with this Riad as our home base. We high recommend this Riad!

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 August 2016 via mobile

Moroccan hospitality:
1. Tangine so good, I secretly want the host to be my mother
2. Spontaneous Moroccan dance session for a bunch of curious foreigners
3. Air con✅ wifi✅ hot shower✅ washing machine✅ everything we want at home✅✅

#Kaktus #Hostel #Marrakech
P.S. rmb to ask Hannah (the third lady on the right) to dance with you hahaaa you'll be amazed :P

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends