All reviews the blue room owners gary roof terrace beautiful riad aching feet bab laksour booking direct homemade jams medina gate booked directly attentive hosts mint tea pancakes perfect location each morning the main square yogurt
Reviewed 6 January 2016

I stayed at Riad Al-Bushra on the recommendation of a friend who’d visited Marrakech earlier in the year. However, despite her rave reviews and those online I did not anticipate just how spoilt I would be!

Gary and Steve were both very personable and communicative from the point of my early enquiries, booking and throughout my stay. As a solo female traveler on my first visit to Marrakesh/ Morocco, this was enormously helpful in putting my mind at ease with any concerns I might have had and made my 4-day stay all the more enjoyable. The complimentary pick up from and drop off to the airport as part of the service, only when you book directly with the Riad, is advisable if you’re not familiar with the area and because road signage is somewhat variable. This is one of the many thoughtful aspects which made my stay relaxing. I stayed here over New Year’s Eve and was unexpectedly treated to some delicious homemade food and mulled wine which the owners had generously prepared for all the guests to see in 2016.

The exceptionally high standard of care and detail which Steve and Gary have put into the design and layout of the Riad shines through. The rooms – I stayed in two – were spacious, immaculate (thanks to the lovely Fatiha), each with their own character and well equipped (e.g., hair dryers, toiletries, robes, slippers). There’s lots of space too on the roof terrace, mid-levels and ground floor area, including a small dip pool, to relax and enjoy the tranquility of the space. Combined with the complimentary mint tea, you cannot ask for a better setting to relax especially if you’ve had a busy day bartering in the souks!

The review from DFamily2016 accurately sums up my experience too. I’d like to add that the Riad provides what can only be described as a ‘Breakfast of Champions’ which sets you up well for a day of exploring the souks, the sights and city in general. It’s ideally located too since I was able to walk as far as Jardin Majorelle on one side of town to the Saadian Tombs on the other, happily and safely on my own.

I could not have asked for better hosts and there's absolutely no doubt that I will stay here again in the future. Thanks, guys!

Room Tip: Superb stay for a solo female traveller
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled solo
SteveLennox, Owner at Riad Al-Bushra, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2016

Thank you so much for your review. You have given so much positive feedback...thank you. We are truly delighted and hope that you will return one day?

Reviewed 2 January 2016

Our family of six (parents and two couples of adult children) enjoyed a full week at Riad Al Bushra and loved every moment. As experienced travelers, we consider our stay at Riad Al Bushra one of our very best -- in Marrakech, in Morocco and in the world. Cheers and compliments to the owners.

They arranged for a big taxi to meet us at the train station, Steve met us at the arch entering the medina, accompanied us to the riad, where we were greeted with mint tea and pastries. Their hospitality is warm, gracious, flexible and engaging. They were interested in making our stay extra special. They met us at the door, no matter what time we returned, greeted us in the morning regardless of the hour, and helped make reservations for day excursions, suggested cafes, and shared their cultural experiences.

Each of our three rooms was meticulously appointed, reflecting the beauty and tranquility of the pride Moroccans take in creating gorgeous living space behind the entrance door. The owners and Fatiha truly welcomed us into their Moroccan riad home (garden).

We give Riad Al Bushra 6 stars on a 5 star rating scale! Don't miss this gem when you visit Marrakech.

Room Tip: Cannot go wrong with any room!
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family

We are overwhelmed by your review. Thank you. To be considered one of your best holiday experiences is a serious compliment. Thank you. And thank you for the six stars (out of five). We are very appreciative of your comments.

Reviewed 29 December 2015

Rooms were beutiful, very nice and clean, very good breakfast and the owners are very helpful with everything we asked about! The terrace is supernice. Nothing to complain about, really really recommend this riad!

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple

Thank you for recommending us and being the first people to describe us as "supernice". That made us chuckle. Thank you for recommending us and please do return one day.

Reviewed 29 December 2015

We stayed at Riad Al Bushra for a quick weekend getaway in Marrakesh. We loved the huge, fresh breakfasts in the morning on the terrace, and enjoyed soaking up the sun on the roof terrace in the afternoon. The location can't be beat, and Steve's in-depth knowledge of the local sights and culture made our stay even more interesting. I don't have a single complaint, loved the entire experience, and would absolutely stay at Riad Al Bushra again!

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple

We are delighted that you enjoyed the entire experience. Thank you. Please do come and stay at Riad Al-Bushra again soon.

Reviewed 9 December 2015 via mobile

We thoroughly enjoyed the hospitality of our hosts Gary and Steve. The transfer from the airport to the Riad was flawless. We were greeted with delightful treats and hot mint tea when we arrived at Al Bushra. We would rate our experience as a 5 star. The accommodations were so comfortable and impeccably clean. As is true of new arrivals, we had many questions. Steve and Gary patiently explained what to do, where to go and what to see. We enjoyed our visit to Marrakech and the wonderful culture and it was so nice to come back to our Oasis at Raid Al Bushra. We were offered hot tea while we soaked our tired feet in the cool refreshing plunge pool. We were always greeted with a smile and a "how was your day?" Gary and Steve put to rest any nervousness that is typical when visiting a new country. Breakfast each morning on the rooftop started our day off on the right foot. Thanks for your hospitality and for your patience in answering our many questions. We are well educated about Morocco and look forward to our next stay and with a lot less questions. Our greetings to you both and a big hug to Faithia.

Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are so pleased you had a good stay and enjoyed our hospitality. We look forward to your next stay too.