Open today: 8:00 AM - 11:30 PM
Review Highlights
Wonderful trip to Sahara, loved it!

Reviewed 5 January 2020

Getaway163861
England, United Kingdom
via mobile

Google
Recommended experiences in and around Marrakech
from US$123.83
from US$123.83
from US$93.49
from US$136.00
More Info
All reviews camel trek merzouga desert sand dunes berber music day tour long journey desert camp amazing driver take pictures desert experience tour company one night stay atlas mountains berber men once in a lifetime long hours an amazing experience
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 January 2020

This was the highlight of my trip to Morocco. The company provides excellent service and Hamid is friendly, fun and was a great tour guide. Riding camels, sleeping in luxurious tents and playing drums at night around campfire also was such a fun part of this once in a lifetime excursion. Highly recommend!!!!

Date of experience: January 2020
Reviewed 14 December 2019 via mobile

My friend and decided to go for the 1 night desert trip as we only had a few days in Marrakech and it was a absolutely magical!! Our driver and organiser Mohamed was so friendly and welcoming and made our 9 hours drive to and from the desert so comfortable. Being Moroccan myself I thought I knew everything I needed to know about this beautiful country, but boy was I wrong! Mohamad taught me so much more about the history and culture and was so knowledgeable and answered all our questions. The 9 hours absolutely flew by with all the scenery, chats and stops along the way. I would absolutely recommend this trip to anyone and I’m already planning my return. Thank you Mohamed for your hospitality.

Date of experience: December 2019
Reviewed 12 November 2019

I booked a two day, one night tour, originating from Marrakesh to Merzouga and back again for my best friend and I in October. During the booking process, communications from Mohammed was timely and professional. Once we arrived in Morocco, the company confirmed our tour one day before our date of departure. From the moment we were picked up from our Riad in Marrakech, to when we were dropped-off the next evening, we felt safe and well taken care of. Omar (our guide) and Mohammed (our driver) provided the best tour experience we could of asked for. They were knowledgeable and warm and took every opportunity to maximize our time both on the journey and upon our arrival in the dessert. Omar and Mohammed made the two day trek across Morocco an amazing adventure and our only regret is not budgeting a third day. I would highly recommend a tour with Camel Trekking Excursions and these two awesome travel companions!!!

Date of experience: October 2019
Reviewed 9 November 2019

I think it has been one of the greatest experience I ever had. Mohammed and his team are superb, especially Ali who was our driver... he even took us his home to share tea with his family. You won’t regret a minute to be on a road with them. I give them a 100+ rating. Cheers

Date of experience: November 2019
Reviewed 20 October 2019 via mobile

My husband and I were fortunate enough to experience this 3 day camel trek from Marrakech to Merzouga. It was the best experience that I would highly recommend to others!! Our driver picked us (and the other guests) up at our Riad, and we’ve Keri em Ed the best of the area. Visited a UNESCO Workd Heritage site from 1100 AD, where some Berber families still live, and that is used for filming movies. The drive over the Atlas Mountains was unforgettable. The hotel the first night was wonderful. The most incredible experience was the camel trek from Merzouga right into the huge sand dunes of the Sahara Desert. Unbelievable! The camel ride was an experience never to forget. The Sahara itself was breathtaking, and I still can’t believe that we were actually there, to feel what it must have been like for those who explored it so long ago. Of course, we were well taken care of and would recommend the luxury tent upgrade in the camp where we spent the night. The food was lovely and the cultural learnings of the Bedouin so informative. Highly highly recommend this trek. Would love to do it again!

Date of experience: October 2019