“All that was need to relax and recuperate was to be found here. A stunningly beautiful Riad with kind and friendly staf”
Review of Riad Altair

Riad Altair
Ranked #37 of 1,170 Marrakech B&B and Inns
Reviewed 25 July 2017

I can only reiterate what slwd,with whom I travelled ,has already said. Following a devastating fire that destroyed my home I needed to get away to rest and reflect on all that had happened. I was hoping for an oasis of calm and beauty within the Medina and wasn't disappointed. Riad Altair offered all I needed and more at this difficult time. The location too was perfect enabling me to get away from the hustle and bustle but within walking distance of the main attractions within minutes.

Great care has been taken with the decoration of the house and the result is wonderful. Almost a kind of Morroco meets country living magazine! The French and European influence making a stunning fusion.

The staff are wonderful. Every single person working closely with the others to make a coherent and efficient team but at the same time kind, helpful and gentle in their approach. Nothing was too much trouble and like slwd I too hope that the owner realises how fortunate she is to have such good people working for her, making sure the Riad runs so well but at the same time making it all seem effortless.

The breakfast was lovely. A new thing added each day for variety, all good quality and plenty of it! No need for lunch after breakfast here!

What more can I say except that I wholeheartedly recommend Riad Altair and that I look forward to returning with my husband as soon as I can. A warm and friendly welcome will await us I'm sure.

Thank you all for your thoughtfulness and care

Room Tip: All the rooms are great.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends

Reviewed 15 July 2017

My friend and I, two much-travelled, young at heart older ladies went for a week away.We usually stay in backpacker's hostels (Delhi bazaar,etc.) but decided to have a bit of luxury for a change.We were not disappointed!!
.We arrived at the riad late evening, and were given tea, and shown various places on the map, so we could work out where we were next morning.
This riad feels like a very tasteful person's home, not a hotel.It has all the traditional features but with an individual stylish twist; natural limed wood doors and windows with shutters, burnished earth-toned plaster work,terracotta tiled floors, quality monochrome photographs in plain black frames, and the most beautiful faded kelim that looks as if it's been there forever..So much trouble has been taken over the renovation, yet the building's character has been maintained, and it still has soul.
There are shaded roof terraces with comfy seating,(and if you like to roast in the sun, there are sun loungers too) and a cool courtyard with palm trees and a plunge pool.
The rooms are all beautiful, tastefully furnished spotless, and have a/c, and a safe.We had absolutely nothing to worry us at all, which is exactly what we needed from this particular holiday.The beds are large, comfy, and have white cotton bedding.
There is a cool sitting room with TV, and shelves of books, magazines, and games.
We didn't have the evening meal, but the breakfast was spectacular;crusty bread, croissants, crepes,pain au chocolat,honey and various jams sometimes eggs, always yogurt, fresh fruit, freshly squeezed orange juice, tea, The orange sponge cake was to die for.
The staff are wonderful, kind, helpful, and intelligent. They all speak good English,as well as other languages, and did well to not laugh at my pathetic school French (I was thrown out of class well before 'O' level, but like to show willing) Nothing was too much trouble for them, and they all went out of their way to accommodate us, and make our stay happy.They are all very attentive, but unobtrusive. It was like staying with friends
.I hope the owner takes notice of the reviews, and realises what a brilliant team she has working for her, they are all little gems, and work so well together, they create a lovely atmosphere in the riad.
Our homeward flight wasn't until evening, and we were so grateful to be given use of a room with bath, so we could leave our bags safely, go and say our last 'goodbye' to the city, and freshen up before we set off for the airport. This was great, as it was sweltering outside.Transfers were arranged by the manager, and everything went smoothly.
I think this must surely be the best place to stay in Marrakech, -a little oasis of peace and calm, and I would love to return for a longer stay.

Room Tip: They are all great rooms
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 July 2017

The riad feels authentic and recreates a whimsical atmosphere. We loved it!
A little gem hidden in the labyrinth of the old Medina
Lovely place + friendly staff. Highly recommend this place to stay if you are in Marrakesh

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 11 July 2017

The Raid Altair was very close to the main square of the Medina (old city) so it was easy to walk there. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. Naoual (Noel) and Jessie couldn't do enough for us and spoke English very well. Naoual gave us a map for the sites and Jessie brought orange juice and mint tea to our room. The free WIFI worked, the room and bathroom were clean and very large. There is air conditioning and a wonderful free breakfast. It is not ornate but very comfortable and clean. When we left, Naoual was out, but she called us on the way to the airport! How nice is that!

Marrakesh was my favorite city of Morocco and Naoual and Jessie helped make it special. Give them a look when planning your trip.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 July 2017

The entire staff is amazing and the food is awesome. Location is an easy walk to most medina sites. Rooms were squeaky clean, comfortable and quiet. Great roof top area to see sunrise and enjoy a glass of wine. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: Ground floor has one room right off the pool and eating area.
Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family