“A taste of paradise”
Review of Riad Zolah

Riad Zolah
Ranked #156 of 502 Hotels in Marrakech
Reviewed 1 September 2012

We have recently returned from our "second home" in Marrakech.
Our experience of Riad Zolah from the second we arrived until the second we left was perfect.
The staff are all friendly, helpful, respectful of your privacy, informative, nothing was ever too much trouble.
The Riad is full of charm and character with the old features of the building having been carefully maintained and it being decorated with modern tasteful drapes, rugs, furniture etc
You can chose to eat by the pool, in the dining room or on the roof terrace. The food is very good and the red wine rather good too!
There is ample space on the roof terrace with tables under a pergola, day beds, sun loungers and table and chairs both in the open and under shade.
A fridge by the pool always has bottled water in and you can help yourself which we discovered is not possible at all riads, you have to pay sometimes at others.
The pool was clean and a welcome relief in temperatures of 42-50 degrees.
The air con in the bedroom worked very well.

Room Tip: We had room number 2 which has no outside windows (I am unsure if any do) it was very quiet on the h...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TrendyH

Reviewed 31 August 2012

Beautiful Riad, stylishly furnished, the perfect retreat from the hustle and bustle of the city. Its perfectly located for shopping and access to some of the best bars and restaurants in Marrakech,though I have to say the best lamb tagine we ate, was served in the riad by the wonderfully helpful and charming staff who run it. We all felt very welcome and nothing could be too much trouble. Someone described the staff as making you feel like honoured guests - I whole heatedly agree!

Room Tip: All so stunning nothing to add
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Lindsey N
Reviewed 29 August 2012

What makes Riad Zolah exquisite is not just the beautiful and tasteful decoration, the convenient location, the in-ground pool or the rooftop terrace but the service.

Fatima and her team are there to attend to your every need without being intrusive and it's the extra touches that made it such a memorable experience. There were fresh roses in the room with rose petals scattered around the room, candles that were lit when I came back every evening, babouche (slippers) to take home as a souvenir, a birthday cake for my birthday as well as organising guides and day trips, a hammam and massage as well as henna tattoos (don't even think about having one done in the square - they are nothing in comparison!). Compliments to the chef as well for the gorgeous dinners (such wonderful tagines) and breakfasts. All the staff really were fantastic but Fatima deserves a special mention. She really is a 5 star asset.

The decor throughout is lovely and is alwayskept clean and tidy. I can highly recommend Suite 4 with it's sunken bath and swathes of curtains including the roof made to look like a Berber tent. Air conditioning is a much welcome relief too from the heat. There is also free Wifi in both public areas and in the room.

The location is excellent and very close to the souks (markets) and the square. A local mobile phone is conveniently provided in case of getting lost (easily done!) and one of the boys will come and return you home which was much appreciated. One afternoon one of the boys even escorted me to a local restaurant I wanted to try and was worried about finding in the maze of the medina.

Would I recommend Riad Zolah to others? Would I go back?

In a heartbeat.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank redbronwyn
Reviewed 19 August 2012

Road zolah is a tranquil place in the middle of Marrakech. It is a true old style hotel, more really like a home. The focus is always on your needs as a guest (and yet somehow they are not in your face). The rooms are gorgeous, the decor lovely and the air conditioning is very welcome. The meals are authentic and tasty, served by helpful staff who always treat you as honoured guests in their home.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 July 2012

My wife and I had booked lots of hotels/resorts for our recent 3 week honeymoon holiday. Admittingely I was nervous about most of our destinations -- Riad Zolah was the exception to the fact. I was amazed to find such a fantastic deal for Zolah on Agoda.com -- the reviews on every travel site are amazing. Deservingly so, Fatima, Abdul and the entire staff at Zolah treated my wife and I as members of the family. It felt as if we were visiting long lost cousins, eager to show us the city - ply us with their food and charm us with the stories we weren't around to enjoy. For those of you who have not visited Marrakech, it is best described as an assault on the senses. It is a bustling, loud and frenetic city that can take you by your bootstraps and whip you around like a rag doll. That being said, you need a respite. An escape from it all -- see Riad Zolah. A beautifully adorned and meticulously kept Riad tucked in to the cavernous medina that is Marrakech.

If you do want treat, enjoy a meal with the staff. We were encouraged to enjoy a dinner on our first night and it was a lovely idea. As I have forgotten the exact name for it, you must try the cheese stuffed fried appetizers. YOU MUST!! Breakfast on the veranda is a treat in and of itself -- you get lovely fresh made treats of the staffs choice, different options every day. Not to mention that you enjoy the company of the lovely kittens, Michelle and Mitchell -- I don't even like cats, but I wanted to take them home!!

Last but not least, the kindness -- it is unmatched, their were times that we were genuinely intimidated by Marrakech but we knew that we could escape to the comfort of our Riad for much deserved, R & R.

Thank you Riad Zolah -- you're an 11 on a scale of 1 to 10.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple