Riad Nerja
Riad Dar Thalge(Marrakech)
Riad Puchka(Marrakech)
Riad Miski(Marrakech)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsselection of breadsthe main squaretaxi driveryour bearingsstayed here for a weeksun terracefresh orange juicerelaxing breakair conditioningrooms are beautifulbig squarepancakesriadraidtaxis
Reviewed 1 July 2017 via mobile

I took my mother and myself to Morroco for a week at the end of this June, booked via holiday gems. I was very nervous on my way to the hotel, as I didn't 100% trust the company, however upon arrival in the carpark, we were greeted by our lovely host. He takes you to the riad. If you do not know what the difference is between a Riad and a hotel, a Riad is more a b and b. Gosh did I fall in love! Situated in the poor part of morroco, lies this little gem, which is centuries old. Our room was gorgeous. In terms of WiFi, it is poor service not very good, and there is not a pool. However what do you expect when you are in the middle of the poorest part of Marrakech? I suggest if you cannot live without WiFi you book a hotel in the new town. In terms of the pool situation, we managed to find many hotels around a 10 minute taxi drive away ( taxi can be arranged via Riad, as they are super helpful and get your the best people. We had a lovely taxi driver throughout the week, 50 dirham's per person for one way- so under £5) that provided free pool services as long as you buy lunch. Air conditioning is good, not so much on the first day as we weren't used to the heat ( up to 50 degrees) and it couldn't cope, but we had no problems with it throughout the rest of our stay. Bathroom facilities are austere but clean. I have never encountered such amazing and helpful staff in my life, everyone was incredibly welcoming and so lovely. The manager of the hotel often helped us throughout our stay, such as taking us to the main square, calling taxis, arranging day trips, arranging a henna session at the Riad and taking us to an amazing spice stall! Breakfasts were simple but lovely, a selection of bread and pastries, served with fresh orange juice and coffee, just right to get us through to lunch! Dinner at the Riad is 15 euros, and its three courses! Very very big portions too of the most gorgeous foods I've ever had. We often ate dinner at the Riad as I am vegetarian and it is difficult to find a range of vegetarian meals in Marrakech , however the cook catered to my every need . The only thing I would advise if you are traveling alone as a women, is get a taxi to and from Riad wherever you go. me and my mother were often harrased outside the Riad, which we found very overwhelming on our first day. However, once we channeled our inner British snob 'dont talk to me' people eventually got the hint and wouldn't harass us once we shook our hand and said no. Another tip for Marrakech, if you have never been outside of Europe, no amount of pre preparation for what it is like will be enough. You have to experience and learn. Though we were put off on our first day, we both fell in love with it at the end of trip, and our lovely stay at the Riad made morroco a place I would definitely visit again! ( they also have very friendly and lovely cats there which personally is enough to win me over!)

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 April 2017

We stayed here for a week during the Easter holidays, and it was one of the best places we ever went to :-)

It's just 15 minutes from the "big square", and the walk to get there is delightful already. It is a big market street you pass and you can have fresh sugar cane juice or other nice things on your way into town. Also if you need something you better buy it in the area around the Riad and not in the "touristic" places.

The first time you go into town someone of the Riad offers you to come with you, and if you follow his instructions (like "turn right at number 129" or "Turn left at the blue-and-white-decoration", the way is reallyreally easy to find (and I am usually someone who gets lost at all places ;-) )

The Riad itself is located at the end of a calm, small street, you you can rest perfectly. Its interiour is beautiful and the staff does not only work there for you, but all are so nice and friendly that it feels like you're at home there :-)

Breakfast was delicious; it was fresh homemade jam and very good kind-of-pancakes and other freshly baked things, and wonderful coffee with spices.
It is also possible to have dinner in the Riad, and it was sooooooo delishes! We had a vegetarian meal with three courses, and now I really pity that I didn't ask for the recipes!

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank akwaaba79
Reviewed 17 March 2017 via mobile

This place is amazing. Our host Howard is most welcoming and gracious and so are the staff are to nothing is to much trouble. He even came to rescue us on our first night when we managed to get lost and could not find our way back to the Riad. The food that they cook is really nice. The room we stayed in was very comfortable and did us a treat after a long day walking around Marrakesh. I would highly recommend staying here if you are visiting for a few days.

So thank you for making our 4 nights in Marrakesh such a pleasant experience and if I ever return I will most certainly stay at your wonderful riad again.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 January 2017

Small, simple and clean, this riad was a great place to stay in Marrakech. The rooms are basic with en-suite bathroom and are cleaned daily. Our host was very friendly and accommodating, he organised excursions and taxis for us. The riad is a ten minute walk from the main square, it takes a few trips to get your bearings. I would stay here agian when visiting Marrakech.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank Laura E
Reviewed 12 October 2016

The property is a lovely house situated in the back streets of the old town. We tried to email and then ring the property to arrange a shuttle from the airport but we were unable to make contact and therefore our first encounter of Marrakech was being fleeced 300Dr from the taxi £28, for a £10 fare.
We were dropped off outside the old town and escorted to the road having to pay a further 50Dr as a tip. Met by Howard our host and owner of the property who at first seemed to be very helpful, we were required to pay a further 300Dr for city tax but later again found out that we had again been fleeced above the going rate of 190Dr. Howard showed us part way to the square and then left us to find our own way, which we found quite intimidating as all any of the locals wanted to do was lead us down other back streets away from the town square. We did eventually arrive at the souks but again felt intimidated as two females who the locals tried to lead away from the bustling square. This was only our first day there so we retired back to the riad where Howard had earlier suggested we have our first meal, not wanting to disrespect his home we agreed and he made chicken kebabs with a bottle of wine. A very basic but nice meal, here we realised Howards intention was again to obtain as much money as possible from us charging 500Dr for the meal £50, I would have expected it to have been a quarter of the price.
We decided after this that it would be more cost effective,safer and more comfortable trip to leave the Riad and book into a hotel and that's exactly what we did the following morning, we just felt that we couldn't trust anyone even our host.
Alovely property but couldn't trust anyone, we will not be going back to Marrakech.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple