“Very nice Music shop to visit in Marrakech”
Review of Bob Music

Bob Music
Ranked #61 of 143 Shopping in Marrakech
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: It's a little traditionell marrocan music-store with a lot of self made instruments ! Come and see and play the traditionell krakrebs, sintir or tbilat!!! It's run by the third generations and musicians! You're welcome to see how the marrocan instruments are made !!!
Reviewed 29 December 2016 via mobile

Nice and typical exotic instruments ...great price! Explore the instruments...and enjoy the day. Very nice music shop to visit in Marrakech. Don't wait for a big space.

1  Thank claraghimel
in 3 reviews
"morocco"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 26 July 2016

Rachid and his brother salah stole 1500 dirham from me and my sister. We left him the money to buy strings for gimbri and the day after he say he don't know us. If you want to keep yourself safe stay away from this shop. Also if you buy an instrument they are likely to cheat you and give a non professional one without that you notice.
Be carefull!!!

Reviewed 17 May 2016 via mobile

Super sweet guy who spent plenty of time with us and was really honest about the product (rare in the market place!) He even helped us out of the square and spent time giving us other tips about Morocco for our stay.

Great selection of instruments, from the practical to the more decorative.

I bought a lovely lute and look forward to mastering it.

1  Thank Tali P
Reviewed 1 November 2015

I bought a small but well-functioning gunbri in this shop for 500 Dirhams (around 50 euros). Rachid, the guy that owns the store claims he makes most of the instruments himself and if he's telling the truth than these instruments are very cheap (for westerners, not sure for Maroccans). They are also well built, after coming back home the gunbri still playes well even though I dropped it on the floor a couple of times during my travels. I only wish I had bought more stuff in this shop.

1  Thank Michal J
See more reviews
Reviewed 6 March 2015

I bought gimbri and rebab in Nov 14. I tried gimbri in store and liked it. Salesman left and came back with gimbri in case. cool! when I go home I realised he swapped gimbris and gave me a 'tourist wall hanging' rebab, not a professional instrument. The 2 instruments cost 3000 mad = £210. Local musicians told me later I should have paid no more than 1200 mad.

It's cool that Bob's is one of the only places in Marrakech where you can see and try traditional Moroccan instruments. Just beware of the cultural business scams in Morocco. I thought I would have his respect being a professional touring musician. Nope!

(When I returned to Moroc in Jan '15, the local musicians were reluctant to go with me to complain. Seems he is not popular with some professional musicians as well! A local musician with 5 CD's out personally made me a proper berber rebab and apologized for getting ripped off by Bob's! Most people in Marrakech are genuine and friendly. )

But hey! Owner is friend of Robert Plant and Jimmy Page. And Bob Marley has been there as well! I may go back. But I am now aware.

1  Thank ChefTunes