“Bob Music Marrakesch”

Bob Music
Ranked #56 of 148 Shopping in Marrakech
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: It's a little traditionell marrocan music-store with a lot of self made instruments ! Come and see and play the traditionell krakrebs, sintir or tbilat!!! It's run by the third generations and musicians! You're welcome to see how the marrocan instruments are made !!!
Reviewed 4 January 2017

It's a god location to buy exotic and traditionell instruments. Salah is very friendly, and shows everyone how to play the instruments. I bought a traditional Outar in his shop for a good price. Very important, like everywhere in marrakesh is to haggle about the price. Otherwise i can recommend this shop, so take a look when you visit marrakesh :)

Reviewed 29 December 2016 via mobile

Nice and typical exotic instruments ...great price! Explore the instruments...and enjoy the day. Very nice music shop to visit in Marrakech. Don't wait for a big space.

1  Thank claraghimel
Reviewed 26 July 2016

Rachid and his brother salah stole 1500 dirham from me and my sister. We left him the money to buy strings for gimbri and the day after he say he don't know us. If you want to keep yourself safe stay away from this shop. Also if you buy an instrument they are likely to cheat you and give a non professional one without that you notice.
Be carefull!!!

Reviewed 17 May 2016 via mobile

Super sweet guy who spent plenty of time with us and was really honest about the product (rare in the market place!) He even helped us out of the square and spent time giving us other tips about Morocco for our stay.

Great selection of instruments, from the practical to the more decorative.

I bought a lovely lute and look forward to mastering it.

1  Thank Tali P
See more reviews
Reviewed 1 November 2015

I bought a small but well-functioning gunbri in this shop for 500 Dirhams (around 50 euros). Rachid, the guy that owns the store claims he makes most of the instruments himself and if he's telling the truth than these instruments are very cheap (for westerners, not sure for Maroccans). They are also well built, after coming back home the gunbri still playes well even though I dropped it on the floor a couple of times during my travels. I only wish I had bought more stuff in this shop.

1  Thank Michal J