All reviews day trip two nights call to prayer an oasis the hustle and bustle peggy koutoubia morocco guide square medina rabat coolness alley casablanca rooftop mustafa
Reviewed 3 September 2012

We used Morocco Custom Travel, co-owned by Peggy Engh and Rachid Izemreten, to plan our trip to Morocco, and also stayed in Peggy's riad, where we were treated as honored guests. The riad, including our rooms, is decorated with colorful Moroccan flair, vibrant patterns, and Berber style handcrafts and furnishings, in relaxing spaces. We especially enjoyed nighttime dips in the courtyard pool, and beautifully designed breakfast tables, different each morning. Peggy and Rachid, along with staff members, Hamidou and Said, helped us in every way possible - bringing us to special shops, making our dinner reservations, leading us through the nighttime medina, providing personal services like laundry and shoe repair, bringing us cooling drinks after hot days of touring, and preparing an evening of food, music and dancing. Using M.C.T. gave us enormous personal attention throughout Morocco that made our trip a dream come true.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank 5heartfamily
Reviewed 26 May 2012

I stayed at this riad after a very exhausting package tour of Morocco. Peggy and her wonderful staff provided just the amount of calm and caring that I needed. Peggy is very knowledgeable of Moroccan traditions, while understanding the American mindset, which was very helpful. I was so happy to see all the luxuries we grow accustom to – Kleenex, alarm clocks, working air conditioning and washcloths – that are lacking in most of Morocco.

As a single woman I was somewhat apprehensive of staying at a riad by myself, but the staff went out of their way to make me welcome and secure.

Top notch location and VERY clean.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Wanda J
Reviewed 21 April 2012

I have traveled to all over the US, to tropical islands, Central America, Europe and stayed in 5-star resorts. Without a doubt, this riad, run by an American named Peggy with support from wonderful Moroccans, was the best "home-away-from-home" experience that I've ever had. The room was beautiful and incredibly clean. The riad held true to Moroccan decor and had a terrific location, in addition to a beautiful sitting room and lovely terraces. The breakfast was the best I've ever had and I looked forward to it everyday. I was able to eat lunch and dinner there, as well, and those meals were equally delicious and served in a lovely terraced location next to a pool. Peggy arranged airport transport, tours and guides for me, even before I arrived. The service provided by the staff truly made me feel like a princess. I can't begin to praise my experience here enough.

Room Tip: I stayed in the duplex, which was lovely and had a private terrace, but I'm sure all rooms are wonderful, and you can't go wrong.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Kricket B
Reviewed 5 April 2012

This Riad was excellent. I would recommned this to anyone. The location is excellent. it was only two/three minutes walk from the bustle of the main square and the Souks, , but once inside it was an Oasis of calm. Especialy the rooftop garden and patio.
The owner Peggy was excellent. She is extremely knowledgeable about the history of Marrakech and was able to advise us on where to visit within the Souks. She has real design flair and the rooms are all furnished beautifully with traditional furniture and artifacts.
The service from both Hamidou and Said was excellent. Nothing was too much trouble. We had an excellent traditional Morrocan meal on the first night cooked by Hamidou.
Said accompanied us on our day trip to the Atlas Mountains to make sure we made the best of the day and so that he could translate for us. it was typical of their attention to detail.
We had a really excellent short break and would really hope to return again.

Room Tip: we stayed in Chambre Margeret. it was a lovely spacious room with traditional ceiling, ensuite and terrace.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Peter M
Reviewed 12 February 2012

A superb atmospheric location in the heart of the medina. Close to the square and souks. Ask for breakfast on the roof patio - its a great way to start the day - overlooking the rooftops and the mountains

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple