All reviewshot waterriad's restaurantcoffee and orange juicerooftop poolgreat positionflights of stairscouple of nightsauthentic riada lovely place to staynice riadlonely planetthe main squaremedinamoroccoheartzellijcharacter
Reviewed 30 July 2018

Spent a couple of nights here in July 18.
The place was beautiful and clean and served a great breakfast. The rooms were excellent and large. A bonus was the rooftop seating area that gave great views across the medina as well as peace and quiet after long days. Also had a small (plunge type) pool which the kids enjoyed after a hot day.
The staff were also great - helped to answer lots of queries and gave really good recommendations too.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 July 2018

Mohamed and the other staff were absolutely fantastic. They went above and beyond to make our stay comfortable and always did so with a smile.

The riad is very beautiful and the breakfast top notch.

Thank you to the whole team! We highly recommend this riad in Meknès and hope to visit again some day Insh'Allah. شكرا

Mohamed et les autres membres du personnel étaient absolument fantastiques. Ils sont allés au-delà pour rendre notre séjour confortable -- toujours en souraint.

Le riad est très beau et le petit déjeuner est excellent.

Merci à toute l'équipe! Nous recommandons vivement ce riad à Meknès et j'espère y retourner un jour Insh'Allah. شكرا

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 June 2018

First the good things: The staff were lovely and pleasant. The cleaning staff did their best to keep the property nice and clean. The restaurant staff were very accommodating to us, as we didn't weren't aware of the fact that we were supposed to notify them the day before we checked in that we were staying for dinner. (They ended up scrounging up some soup, bread and olives for us, as we were too tired to wander outside and find something that was open).
Breakfast was also very good. The restaurant was lovely and toasty-warm.

The bad: the place is really run down. The sitting room looks so beautiful and ornate in the photos, but it was pretty much in disrepair. The washroom near the front desk was quite filthy (Actually, I couldn't really tell if was filthy or just really worn out). I did not expect any of these things in a place called Riad D'Or!!

Our room was also a little different than advertised. The bathroom was nice, but that's about it. We had reserved a room with 2 beds, but the second bed was more a banquette, which was really hard and uncomfortable. The worst part was the temperature. IT WAS SO COLD. The cleaning staff turned on the "heater" for us, but all it did was blow slightly warm air down at the room. I've been warmer camping in a tent in October in Canada! To make matters worse, there was very limited hot water in the shower. Brrrrr!

I would not stay at this property again.

Room Tip: Don't go there unless it's summer!
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank lem_on416
Reviewed 7 May 2018 via mobile

Riad d’or is the most beautiful building. You honestly feel like you’re in a palace the whole time you are there. The beds were very comfortable and the food at dinner and breakfast were very good. Only thing I didn’t like was the fluffy blanket on the bed rather than a doona.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 April 2018

I took fellow guests on tours of my room - it was so unbelievably opulent. I even had a wooden chair which - with its velvet cushion and high back - resembled a throne. No surface was plain. The riad was a warren with various flights of stairs - it was quite a challenge to find one's room. I was glad staff carried bags up to rooms. The only downside was the lack of water for a morning shower - in my room there was barely a dribble coming from the shower.

Room Tip: The rooms are so different I'd suggest trusting the luck of the draw!
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends