“Authentic food”

Dar Naji
Ranked #71 of 276 Restaurants in Tangier
Cuisines: Moroccan
Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

Went here on the recommendation of the staff at a museum we visited. A bit outside of the main tourist area, but not a bad walk. You could tell the food was authentic. Had both mint tea and orange juice (Morracan drink staples) and both were fantastic. Our tagines were good and flavourful. We should have ordered coucous to go with them however.

We were there for lunch on a Monday so it wasn't busy at all (I think we were the only ones the for most of the time). Service was a bit slow, but good enough, and the price was good value for money.

The restaurant itself is huge, and includes some nice covered dining area outside in the back.

Reviewed 25 January 2017

I've been in this place for the first time, nice decoration (tradditional moroccan style), very tasty food one of the best in tangier, Fair prices.
Highly Recommended !

Reviewed 3 November 2016

We went there because of the recommendation of a recepcionist of our hotel.
The place is very very nice due to the ambientation like "arabic".
Service was good and slow (I don't consider this negative due to everywhere in Tanger is slow).
They don't serve alcohol, the tajin was good but specially the price is great (around 8-9 € per person you get a nice dinner).
The main negative point I would say that the guy who is playing and singing music do it very very high (I couldn't talk with my girlfriend without almost screaming).
"A must in Tanger"

1  Thank Raúl D
Reviewed 30 September 2016 via mobile

Dar Naji is one of a kind in Tangier, the decoration and atmosphere are different from any other restaurant in Tangier. The food is really good and authentic morrocan food. Staff are very friendly. There are music entertainment on Saturdays. The prices are very reasonable. Its a good place for family and friend's gatherings. Been there a few times and i enjoy it every single time.

1  Thank Sarah I
Reviewed 29 August 2016 via mobile

Don't go to this restaurant, hygiene is something unknown.
We ordered rfissa (chicken cooked with bread) the chicken skin is full of feather remains whete the waiter tried to tell us it is something normal as its a local chicken from a farm.
They took 45 minutes to bring the food and missed a whole meal.
We asked to try small cup of almond juice to decide to order it or not and found it on the bill to pay it. (This is considered a big shame in my country).
In short, don't go...