See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 12 October 2016 via mobile

Dear friends whoever is reading my review , I request you not to visit this hotel at all as this is very cheap and pathetic hotel . Toilets are very shabby . Initially I thought the room I got must be having problem , but to my surprise all rooms are similar and shabby . Very poor management the person name is Omar and he is a big liar with his sweet words . Whatever he says please don't believe at all . Very greedy person. We stayed there for 2 nights from 29th sep 2016 , but those nights were nightmare to us. After suffering too much we shifted to another nice hotel . This message I m not writing just because I m angry with hotel but because I don't want others to suffer. Please avoid this hotel at all cost . Thanks

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank murtaza a
Reviewed 29 September 2016

I am reviewing this hotel on behalf of my relative. Avoid this hotel at all cost! This hotel is a slum area. Room is shabby and the property looks run down. Not recommended at all. The management looks greedy. A staff came from the hotel came for pick up even though the guests didn't insist and then they charged $20 for it. The guests could have been dropped for free by the event organizers!

Room Tip: Any room is a bad room
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 January 2016 via mobile

Spent a night at cross way hotel after arriving late from the Tazara train. It's a relatively affordable place to stay and eat. It's a bed and breakfast place. I had air conditioning in my room and that was a plus considering how hot Dar es Salaam can be. It's also close to the Julius nyerere international airport, Tazara railway station and Ubungo bus terminal.

Stayed: November 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Jacob W
Reviewed 4 October 2015

There is really nothing to recommend Cross Way. It is dingy and run down. The bathroom in our double room was pretty terrible. Don’t even dream about hot water. The rooms do at least have fans and air conditioning. Breakfast consists of white bread, hard boiled eggs, tea, and some stale cakey thing if you’re lucky.

It seems quite expensive for how dingy it is. The staff will offer you a ludicrous $10 per person airport taxi service, but they were willing to just call a couple of ordinary taxis for our group, which were far cheaper. We slept 3 people in a double room with a king bed and persuaded them to not charge us any extra.

The only reason to stay here is to be close to the airport, and we only settled for Cross Way because the Transit Motels (which are much closer to the airport) were full. Not recommended.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
2  Thank ede3
Reviewed 17 January 2015

very clean room with great air condition, great restaurant and they offered me free airport pick up. very helpful staff. nice breakfast we had in the morning. i would recommend any one looking for affordable hotel with good service.

Room Tip: rooms at the back of building
  • Stayed: January 2015, travelled on business