“ASCEND TANZANIA 10/10”

Mount Kilimanjaro Short Trek from Arusha
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Just back after completing the 6 day Marangu Route with Ascend Tanzania. We were a group of 3 and had an incredible experience. The professionalism and organisation of our senior guide Mwinyi was fantastic, as well as his upbeat and encouraging attitude. He provided us with the upmost standard of care, giving medication for altitude sickness side effects when needed, and even lending his hiking boots when the sole of my boot came loose on day 2. Other clients we met on the trip who were travelling with other companies were very interested in Ascend Tanzania and often asked us what company we had booked with, and were very impressed with their level of client care. We had a medical check every evening after dinner, to check our oxygen levels and symptoms of altitude sickness - another thing which made Ascend Tanzania stand out from the other companies. The whole team played a huge role in making our experience a great one - Mwinyi our guide, Isdory our assistant guide, the cook and the 9 porters. All were friendly, attentive and positive. The food provided was fantastic, and the cook was able to cater for specific dietary requirements and take special requests. I can’t recommend Ascend Tanzania enough to anybody who is looking to climb Mount Kilimanjaro - a guaranteed positive and enjoyable experience. 10/10 for Ascend Tanzania for making our trip one we will never forget, they exceeded all our prior expectations! A MUST for those interested in making it to the Roof of Africa!

1  Thank louise_mccollum
Write a ReviewReviews (3,429)
All reviews
in 58 reviews
"karibu adventure"
in 33 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We booked with Pamoja Kilimanjaro & Safari and did the 7 day Machame route. We had a great time. All the guides and porters were great. The hiking was not technical but the altitude was difficult. The views at the top, and even along the way, were spectacular and made it all worthwhile. Would definitely recommend this hike to anybody looking for an amazing experience and adventure. You'll have a great time, you'll meet a ton of new people (both from your support team, and other fellow hikers) and probably make a lot of new friends.

If you're looking for a good guide company, I'd definitely recommend Pamoja – they took care of all the details for us, and went far out of their way to make sure we were comfortable. Definitely exceeded expectations.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Nothing I type will totally encompass just how good Sirikwa African Adventure team is , one of the best companies around.
This could be the longest review ever given on TripAdvisor but I'll do my best to keep it short.

From the minute we first contacted Oinoth via email he answered every question no matter how small no matter how many clarifications I wanted rapidly and with nothing but professionalism and positivity. He had us collected from the airport and personally visited the very next morning just to say Hello, check we had arrived ok and that we would see him again in a few days, before our climb.

We travelled up the mountain with a group of 4 Canadians (total of 6 climbers) and a team of 20 from Sirikwa African Adventure. Talking to the team it became clear how they differ from other companies. Oinoth is a young man who set up a company to change the standards of life working on the mountain and to improve the lives of the people who work for him. Trust me when I say standards vary a lot across companies for the porters, guides and cooks.
Our team were incredible. Every one of them was happy in their work, got up every morning with a great attitude and made us feel welcome in their home. When we had a celebration sing and dance every day, groups of people from other companies would come to join in even though they had their own celebrations. There was just such a level of energy in our team.

Each member deserves their own mention for the work they did in getting us up the mountain. Our success is every bit to do with the team we had. They ensured at all times we were healthy and happy. That we were fed enough and satisfied. The chef was one of the best we experienced in Tanzania. Cooking with only a gas burner. Incredible.

My thanks to : Paul, Emma, Denis, Ali, Daniel, Jairo, Mohammed, Kicki, Josi, Emmanuel, Revo, Ommy, Gabriel, Elly, Hamia, Athur, Joseph, Joshua, Michael and Lesion and finally the director Oinoth.

A great team and a great company. I recommend them more and more.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Did the 7 days Machame route. My tour guide was Jerry Tanzania Tours. It was a excellent service. It was definitely top 3 difficult things I have ever done in my life, but the view at the top after all the street is worth it. All the 20 minutes at the top makes all the problems of the world seem so small. I recommend it to everyone