Open today: 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM

More Info
from US$1,752.00
More Info
3,787 results
All reviews lemosho route summit night uhuru peak african walking company altitude sickness zara tours assistant guide tro peaks karibu adventure pole pole tusker trail other companies his team peak planet tour company local company high altitude
Reviewed 28 June 2018

We booked with Pamoja Kilimanjaro & Safari and did the 7 day Machame route. We had a great time. All the guides and porters were great. The hiking was not technical but the altitude was difficult. The views at the top, and even along the way, were spectacular and made it all worthwhile. Would definitely recommend this hike to anybody looking for an amazing experience and adventure. You'll have a great time, you'll meet a ton of new people (both from your support team, and other fellow hikers) and probably make a lot of new friends.

If you're looking for a good guide company, I'd definitely recommend Pamoja – they took care of all the details for us, and went far out of their way to make sure we were comfortable. Definitely exceeded expectations.

Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Nothing I type will totally encompass just how good Sirikwa African Adventure team is , one of the best companies around.
This could be the longest review ever given on TripAdvisor but I'll do my best to keep it short.

From the minute we first contacted Oinoth via email he answered every question no matter how small no matter how many clarifications I wanted rapidly and with nothing but professionalism and positivity. He had us collected from the airport and personally visited the very next morning just to say Hello, check we had arrived ok and that we would see him again in a few days, before our climb.

We travelled up the mountain with a group of 4 Canadians (total of 6 climbers) and a team of 20 from Sirikwa African Adventure. Talking to the team it became clear how they differ from other companies. Oinoth is a young man who set up a company to change the standards of life working on the mountain and to improve the lives of the people who work for him. Trust me when I say standards vary a lot across companies for the porters, guides and cooks.
Our team were incredible. Every one of them was happy in their work, got up every morning with a great attitude and made us feel welcome in their home. When we had a celebration sing and dance every day, groups of people from other companies would come to join in even though they had their own celebrations. There was just such a level of energy in our team.

Each member deserves their own mention for the work they did in getting us up the mountain. Our success is every bit to do with the team we had. They ensured at all times we were healthy and happy. That we were fed enough and satisfied. The chef was one of the best we experienced in Tanzania. Cooking with only a gas burner. Incredible.

My thanks to : Paul, Emma, Denis, Ali, Daniel, Jairo, Mohammed, Kicki, Josi, Emmanuel, Revo, Ommy, Gabriel, Elly, Hamia, Athur, Joseph, Joshua, Michael and Lesion and finally the director Oinoth.

A great team and a great company. I recommend them more and more.

Reviewed 28 June 2018

Did the 7 days Machame route. My tour guide was Jerry Tanzania Tours. It was a excellent service. It was definitely top 3 difficult things I have ever done in my life, but the view at the top after all the street is worth it. All the 20 minutes at the top makes all the problems of the world seem so small. I recommend it to everyone

Reviewed 27 June 2018

beeadventures & Safari We are large enough to be respected as premier safari company in Tanzania and still small enough to care for each individual customer. Apart from pride in our itineraries, and a commitment to provide our guests with the best experience possible, there are other specific and very practical reasons why you should choose us for your Tanzania safaris and treks.

1  Thank beeadventuressafari
Reviewed 26 June 2018

This is a once in a life time thing to do, not just for the experience but the cost of getting up there as well. Key is to listen to the guides and make sure that you are prepared. Get used to having to 'pee' in the open, wash with a small bowl of water and potentially feel like your head is going to explode if you are unfortunate enough to get altitude sickness. But putting that all aside the feeling of satisfaction when you get up there is fantastic and something you will feel hard to top. Handy things to take are something to pee in at night so you don't have to get fully dressed every time you need the toilet as its freezing every night, altitude sickness tablets if you can get them - we didn't take them until they were needed. Make sure your boots are well worn in and a few layers of clothes. We went with the African Walking company and they were beyond brilliant so pick your company well as without those guys I doubt I would have made it...…

Date of experience: February 2018