US$93
US$81
  • Breakfast included
Dar Tozeur(Tozeur)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsstar warshotel is locatedmirrorsouthsilence
Reviewed 18 January 2017

Hotel is located close to algierian border and whats even more important - Luke Skywalkers hut and famous Tunisian Shott (road thoroughout desert salty lake ). If you are into traveling across Tunisia this is perfect choice. Clean, good food and fain fluently engilsh speaking staff. Best north african standards U can get!

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 November 2016

I arrived the hotel in the afternoon without any booking and asked if they had a room. The guy at the desk looked quickly at the computer and said no. I then said that Hotels.com showed that it was rooms available for 100 dinars per night. He then went to talk to someone and came back saying they have a room afterall. He said hotels.com did not have any rooms available and was not updated. He could give me the room for 130 dinars, 30 % more than hotels.com. I decided to take the room anyway, but this experience was one of my worst in Tunisia, bad service.
Later I told them I wanted to see the Sahara and that I had a car and could drive on my own. They told me it was not possible because I needed a 4x wheel drive to come there and they offered to bring me there with a guide at 130 dinars.
I decided to do some research for myself and drove along to see some desert and sights. I drove up to the place called Ong Jemel, expecting having to stop somewhere because of bad roads. Quite the contrary, it was nice roads all the way to the Star Wars location. From here you can also see the sand dunes.
Breakfast on the hotel was also terrible. From the photos the hotel looks nice, but when you see it in real life it is worn out and broken down. It definitely needs to be refurbished and modernized.
There was also a big party and loud music until 1 am in the morning, so didn`t get any sleep until after this.
I recommend you to stay away from this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Eivind S
Reviewed 2 September 2016 via mobile

The breakfast is bad.
There is a parking inside the hotel area.
Is possible to go by foot to some restaurants close the hotel and see the local people on the street at night.
The swimming pool is amazing. You can get a good nap there or order a beer and enjoy the sun.

Stayed: September 2016
1  Thank Marcos R
Reviewed 11 June 2016 via mobile

I thought the rooms were very peacefull and the pool was awsome. The food was very nice, but didn't like the fact the drinks had to be paid separatelly.
I liked the fact that we could use the pool even at night, wich is usefull due to the fact it's very hot at night too.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 May 2016 via mobile

The Hotel is Ok, the staff is really concerned with your wellbeing. It was a cool combination: desert, outdoor swimming pool and than indoor swimming pool. Finishing with the SPA, which has a very good cost-benefit! The ambience is good and I advise anyone coming from abroad to try the Tunisian Hammam & Body Scrub.

Stayed: May 2016