“Good hotel in Ilha”
Review of Hotel Praia Mar

Hotel Praia Mar
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Luanda
Hotel Praia Mar
Ranked #33 of 43 Hotels in Luanda
Reviewed 9 December 2014

The hotel is good, not very good, the rooms are big and well equiped, quality of sleep is good. The breakfast was excelent with good buffet, and the personel very helpfull. Nice views from the rooms and from the restaurant. You may have dinner as well, the menu is limited but the cuisine is good. It has a cash machine inside, that is of help in Luanda... it is located by the beach, near by several restaurants and the walking trottoir of Ilha (it is safe for walking). As all hotels in Luanda is not cheap and the value is poor, comparing with other countries for the same kind of hotel.

Room Tip: Some times is the internet connection that is weak, take an amplifier with you. Ask for a room in hi...
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 4 November 2014

This is my second stay at Hotel Praia Mar, and it may as well have been Déjà vu. Nothing has changed, the same poor service and experience. From check-in, you know that the staff don't know anything about customer service, and they really should at $350 a night.

The good, the location is great at the start of the Ilha. And the view back to Luanda is great. Nice places to eat nearby and traffic to the Ilha has improved.

The bad. The service and their breakfast which should be considered a bit of a laugh with nothing being freshly prepared (even their Omelette's are pre-made). The coffee is reasonable though.

The rooms I have stayed in are shabby, the carpet in my room is dirty, lots of marks. The fridge did not work (I complained and may change this review if it is fixed when I get back tonight). The lamp shade was broken in my room. But the worst bit about the hotel, the Internet, simply not usable, not the Wi-Fi nor the ethernet cable.

Therefore as a business hotel, in my opinion, book this hotel last (which is what I had to do as my preferred hotel was full). If they can get the service right, improve the breakfast by 1000% and the internet by 10,000%, this could be a great place to stay. Until then, I have learned my lesson and will book my hotel for Luanda further in advance.

Room Tip: Have a room facing Luanda and the harbour, it is quieter.
  • Stayed: November 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

I've been here for a week on business and am yet to have my own key for the room, no Internet and have been moved from the front rooms due to the (very) loud nightclub out the front. The staff are friendly but about as useful as a chocolate teapot. Maybe they're having a bad week or maybe it's like this year round, I don't know, but I'm pissed off and now I have to walk down to reception just to get a key to get back into my room. For the millionth time today...

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank MANMOUNTAIN83
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Hotel Management is a ghost!! Any problems concerning ,room cleaning,services,phone assistance are in the hand of kindly people that have to take action out of them power.
Brochure have phone number that not any reception reply as 00244 222 309 096.
Condition of the room very poor with moquette completed dirty plus window blocked by curtain chassis and wall need to be painted.
Best in show is the restaurant where quality of food is lower and recycled ingredients are first actors.
Terrible experience!!

Room Tip: Beach side have window locked and night club in front create night panic!! West Inside have window...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank lucianoferro61
Reviewed 13 August 2013

Stayed for 1 night. Room are better than the Hotel Presidente Luanda as it seems they had renovated recently. My room price includes breakfast, lunch and dinner but I only tried the breakfast, which is not too bad. Well, my room is without a safe, unlike my friends'. During the stay, I had hooked the door chain and someone tried to enter the room on 2 occasions. After breakfast, USD100 was lost from my bag. Friends had feedback that they found their room door opened after breakfast but nothing was lost. So it is ok to stay but take care of valuables and make sure your room has a safe.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business