US$235
US$164
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
TripAdvisor
All reviewspool barinternational airportcomfortable roomsroom servicebusiness tripafricaimprovement
Reviewed 21 September 2017

Excellent hotel only 15 minutes from international airport. Smooth check-in procedure and WIFI with excellent speed. The front desk has helpful staff. For example, I needed to print out my air ticket, no problem at all. A small gym behind the pool bar with all machines in order. The breakfast has a wide selection so you will not be hungry. In the pool bar can you order some food as well during full day.

Room Tip: Premier League on display in pool-bar.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 25 September 2017

Dear Monsterdiggare ,
Thank you for taking the time to write such nice comments after your stay with us. Your feedback is highly appreciated and your opinion has already been shared with our team.
It is with great joy that we perceive positive outcomes from our work. Our main goal has been achieved, which is a satisfied guest!
We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future!
Kind Regards,

Reviewed 28 August 2017

This use to be a very good hotel once upon a time - today its just another hotel with terrible service and food. The rooms are decent and clean. The room service is terrible I ordered a Tuna sandwich - delivery time 2 hours ! Next day I called for Spaghetti Bolognese - terrible.Went down for breakfast - pathetic when compared to sister hotel Tropico. Unfriendly busy looking staff. Its sad The Zambezi Restaurant use to host one of the best Buffets in Luanda - when I visited for South American Dinner - it was anything but South American !

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 31 August 2017

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your opinion with us on our services.
Your comments on the buffet have also been taken into consideration and will definitely help us to improve. Moreover, is good to acknowledge that you were satisfied with our Housekeeping
Your feedback is highly appreciated and has already been share with the team. We look forward to welcoming you soon again and meet your expectations positively! Best Regards, Sara Rodrigues.

Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

The hotel itself is awesome...clean..neat.
The service on the other hand is something that needs to be adressed. Waiters who argue with customers..arrogance...no patience especially with language barrier. Three occasions I ordered one thing and I get something else. Room service a nightmare..everything takes super long and something on your order is missing or wrong. Bit if a dissapointment.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 22 August 2017

Dear Craig, we would like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.
Your feedback is highly appreciated and all inputs will definitely help us improve and provide a better service.
Thank you once again for your comments and we apologize for the inconvenience caused to you during your stay. We promise to do our best and rectify this flaw which we consider to be unacceptable.
We are at your entire disposal and look forward to welcoming you soon again.
Best regards

Reviewed 9 August 2017

Having stayed at a few hotels in Luanda, I was very pleasantly surprised at this hotel.

I believe it is an older hotel and from the outside it seems nothing special, but step through the doors and it is possible the best in Luanda!

The hotel is well fitted out, clean and very comfortable. The rooms are adequate in size but well appointed, very clean and neat and most comfortable. The WiFi is good and strong and connectivity was uninterrupted during my 2 stays there last month.

The only negative I can give is that, if you have an early checkout (catching early morning domestic flights North), don't expect to find a staff member willing/able to help check you out or willing to find someone to help you.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 10 August 2017

Dear Steve,
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your opinion on Hotel Alvalade and for such nice comments on our services. As a team, our main goal is to have a satisfied customer and happily we have achieved it successfully.
Nonetheless, I would like to apologize for the poor service provided by the Front-Office and on the situation by you exposed. We promise to do our best and rectify this flaw which we consider to be unacceptable.
Your feedback is highly appreciated and all the inputs will definitely help to improve.
We are at your entire disposal and we look forward to welcoming you soon again!
Best Regards,

Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

Should start with the fact this hotel really has potential, but appears no one really cares about potential and are happy to just continue with what they are doing.

Pros: Some staff and the cleaners are superb, room despite being dark is always clean. Laundry is well run I'd say. Reception can be helpful, if they want to be. Wednesday and Friday night dinner ( this is only a pro as it's far superior to any other night)

Cons: where does one begin. Rooms are dark with no main light in the room, only lamps. Internet/wifi dips in and out can be non existent at times. There's been no hot water for the past 6 weeks at least, and the excuse of waiting on a hot water pump is ridiculous and wearing thin. It doesn't take 6 weeks to source a pump. Oh and lose the towels rails. The gym air conditioning is a joke and does nothing. Set far to high and it's probably 25 degrees inside the gym. Should be 18-20. The beer at the bar is flat and is far better in the bar next door. Clearly the pumps/pipes haven't been cleaned in well, since the hotel was built, given why the beer is flat constantly. The food, well apart from 2 nights (Wednesday/Friday) a week is horrendous, 14100 kwanza is what they would want you to pay for it. It's cold constantly, bland and the heat lamps they are served under are there for nothing but show. Lunch in the hotel is a joke and should be avoided, always cold then gets taken to the kitchen for a quick heat then back out again and served back under the heat lamps. breakfast is often your best chance for something substantial. Cash machine inside the hotel, been empty for the last 6 months or so I would say. Never had any cash out of it despite trying constantly.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 1 August 2017

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your opinion with us on Hotel Alvalade. It is obvious that we are falling short when it comes to providing good service and meeting your expectations and for that let me apologize on behalf of our team. We also appreciate the comments on some our staff, cleanliness and laundry service. I will make sure to share them with the teams.
All the situations regarding Food&Beverage and Maintenance services have been taken into consideration and we do hope to have them improved as soon as possible.
Furthermore, on the hot water matter, we did have to wait for the equipment to arrive in the country (6 weeks), it was not only a matter of replacing it, unfortunately. Now that it is here the intervention will start on the 14th of August as predicted. May I call one's attention to the fact that the actual economic conjuncture has changed the scenario drastically when it comes to supply. For the same reason we have been facing some difficulties get our renovation work done all at once. But I can assure you that we are doing our best. Nonetheless, let me apologize once again for the inconvenience.
I would also like to clarify that cash machine is remotely controlled/managed by the Bank and not the Hotel directly even though we contact them several times to get it reestablished.
As a regular guest your feedback is highly appreciated and all the inputs will definitely help us rectify the existing flaws. Therefore, I kindly ask you to contact me directly whenever there is an irregularity so we can take action more efficiently. I am at your entire disposal as well as the rest of the team.
We hope to will be positively satisfied on your next stay!
Best Regards,