US$152
US$157
US$158
US$102
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$115/night.

US$213
US$65
Priceline
  • Pool
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$73/night.

US$89
US$81
Agoda.com
StayWell Hotels(Gaborone)
US$261
All reviewspool barbuffet dinnertennis courtsbusiness tripawesome staybest hotel in towngolf courserooms are spaciousenjoyed my staybusiness hotelsteakmahoganybotswanagymafricasquashgabs
Reviewed 4 December 2017

Hotel has been refurbished recently and for me has become the best hotel in Gaborone. Very good service. The buffet at the restaurant is wonderful with a mix of Indian, Chinese and Local delicacies prepared to perfection.

Review collected in partnership with Minor Hotels
Gotlhe M, Manager at AVANI Gaborone Resort & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2017

Dear Sir/ Madam

Thank you for taking the time to review our property! We really appreciate your wonderful feedback, it has been shared with the team and will definitely encourage everyone to aim higher!

We look forward your next stay with us and we hope that it will still be excellent!

Reviewed 1 December 2017

The refurbishment has made a big difference. Friendly staff, nice food, modern rooms. Gym wasn’t open but apparently it will be refurbished. The pool bar had good vibes, nice drink and food. I would go back there

Review collected in partnership with Minor Hotels

Dear Sir/ Madam,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to review our property, we really appreciate your wonderful feedback, it has been shared with the great team! The gym will be up and running soon!

We look forward to your next stay with us and we hope that it will be awesome!

Reviewed 24 November 2017 via mobile

Very nice job done on the renovation. Rooms facing inside are very quiet and well equipped. In door and out door lounge allows business traveler to work in a perfect set up. Breakfast buffet is simply stunning. Wifi is free and fast. Just the standard GHA experience is missing as the reception is not very aware of any membership benefits. But when you tell them it will be applied. Will come back soon.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Gotlhe M, Manager at AVANI Gaborone Resort & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2017

Dear Sir/ Madam

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to review our property, we really appreciate your wonderful feedback. We are very delighted that you loved our property, the issue of GHA will be addressed with the reception team, and we apologise for that.

We look forward to your next stay with us and we hope that it will be awesome!

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 18 November 2017

I had a terrible night. My flight was cancelled, so I had to stay in this hotel for one night. They reception never helped me to send the luggage to my room, I had to pull that to room.. and it was long journey.
I had to leave very early for my flight, I requested if they can provide a pack breakfast (Breakfast was included in my stay). They agreed. I called atleast 45 mins before leaving, that I will check-out, please breakfast ready - still it was not ready. I had to leave without the breakfast. Worst the front desk didn't show any courtesy.
Very very unprofessional.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Gotlhe M, Manager at AVANI Gaborone Resort & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2017

Dear Sir/ Madam

Thank you for the time taken to bring to our attention the unfortunate guest experience you had, we appreciate your feedback as it helps us improve.

We sincerely apologise for that, we have shared the feedback and put measures in place to ensure that we offer the level of service deserved by you and other guests.

We look forward to serving you professionally in future, and please do not hesitate to contact me the next time you visit Gaborone.

Reviewed 14 November 2017

I stayed here one night last week as part of a work trip. Whilst the hotel decor in itself is lovely and modern, and the team at reception and housekeeping try to offer as good a service as possible, this is not a hotel I will be staying at again.

First, there was no shuttle offered when we arrived shortly after 6pm: the driver was at the airport but he wanted us to wait for the next flight for another 30 minutes.. When we refused he handed us to one of "his friends" who would drive us to the hotel... After we walked away the driver then ran after us and said the other flight had been further delayed so he would take us to the hotel.

Past that confusion, arrival and checking in was very smooth. The room I was allocated was recently renovated and perfectly lovely. However I quickly found the air con unit was faulty, producing a "clanking" noise when on. A maintenance employee promptly arrived upon request and he made the point that he had told the reception a week prior about this broken unit, and he was surprised they were putting guests in the room. Another call to reception and 10 sweltering minutes later, I was asked to move to the room opposite, which this time looked over the road (no double glazing, ouch) and whilst the aircon didn't produce any clanking noise it was so loud I alternated all night between turning it on and not sleeping and dozing off and sweating. Not pleasant.

Next morning, I wanted to go to the gym, yet there was a note mentioning that as of that exact day, the gym would be closed indefinitely. With no alternative offered. It might have been a good idea to forewarn guests or offer them a room with weights and mats as an alternative?

Next on my list.. shower, then trying to dry my hair. The hairdryer is fixed under the desk, and this particular one wasn't working. I called reception again (by then we were getting quite acquainted!) to ask for another hairdryer and they said someone would be around to help me turn the dryer on. I repeated that wasn't the issue but soon enough, a lovely lady from housekeeping knocked on the door to help me operate the hairdryer. Evidently she hit a dead wall, like me, and promptly left, only to call me a bit later to say that sorry, there was no alternative dryer to bring me.

So, bottom line: lovely decor, staff who is trying really hard, but this hotel lacks in many of the basics you would expect in a 3*.

Room Tip: If you must stay here, ask for a room away from the road.

Dear Sir/ Madam

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to review our property, we really appreciate your feedback because it helps us improve. We will surely arrange alternative options for the gym like you suggested.

We sincerely apologise for the unpleasant experience, this is not the level of service we would like to offer our valued guests, measure are being put in place to improve our service.

We look forward serving you more professionally and we hope that you will give us another chance to prove ourselves and make your stay memorable!!