US$137
US$59
US$109
US$78
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$93/night.

Ag Palace Hotel(Addis Ababa)(Great Value!)
US$42
US$58
US$47
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$54/night.

US$22
  • Breakfast included
US$259
US$144
Hotels.com
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 26 May 2016

We've stayed at Yebsabi 3 times over the years and will likely stay there again. The lobby and rooms are clean. The staff is very nice. Laundry service is inexpensive and 1 day turn around. Quite accommodating to any needs. Our room was kind of bright at night (for our liking) and the staff gave us an extra window cover and had the front lights turned out for us.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 September 2015

Yebsabi Guesthouse is a perfectly acceptable option in Addis Ababa. They arranged for a driver to pick me up at the airport, and I found him immediately. He didn't speak much English, but he was very friendly and helped me with my bag. The room and bathroom were quite spacious, and the bed was very comfortable. I had hot water when I showered in the afternoon or evening, but not in the morning -- I suppose the other guests had used it up. The little soap in the bathroom was not very nice, and there's no shampoo, so bring your own. There was a fair amount of noise, both coming from the informal bar across the street and from people yapping in the hallway at night. Sound does really echo quite well throughout this hotel. My television only got one channel, but I did get a very good wireless connection in my room. Which is odd, because I heard of other guests having multiple channels but bad Internet. So I guess it's a bit of a crapshoot.

The breakfast was very nice, with oatmeal, sliced meat, toast, and eggs made to order. You can also request that they prepare you lunch or dinner, for a very reasonable price. I had dinner here one night and found it to be excellent, traditional Ethiopian fare with a nice variety of vegetables. There is also a fabulous little juice bar just down the street, and a shopping mall with more modern/western restaurants a few blocks away.

I did have some problems with my check-out. The first problem was that when I was presented with the bill, which was only in birr, it appeared higher than I expected. We had to get out the calculator and start discussing exchange rates, until finally I understood that the hotel wanted to charge me for an extra half a day because I had checked in prior to the official check in time. I had to show them the e-mail I had earlier received that showed my price total and included my arrival and departure times before they relented. Then when I handed them my credit card, they looked like I had tried to pay them in seashells. After much more arguing, including my insistence that I truly did not have enough cash to pay the bill because I had been explicitly told by e-mail that I could pay with a credit card, I realized that the issue was that the staff did not know how to use their credit card VeriFone terminal. So I pulled it over and showed them how to swipe a card and enter the information into the keypad, and this worked just fine. Other than this, the staff here is very nice and eager to help you when they can. One employee even helped my sister translate a presentation she had been working on into Amharic.

One last note: Yebsabi Guesthouse is also associated with an orphanage that frequently works with Americans who come to volunteer or to adopt. This does add an unusual vibe to the guesthouse, since there will probably be some babies crying in the night and some bored and anxious American parents-to-be hanging out in the lobby, waiting for days for their court dates to occur. But it also adds a very interesting dimension to the visit, if you take the time to talk to the adopting parents or volunteers and learn their stories.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 October 2014

Came to Addis ababa on an official trip with my spouse and our 2 years old kid. The room allotted to us is spacious and good enough. There are decent level of kitchen utensils. Bed and pillow are not so good, but can people who are coming on a short visit can manage with that. They used to provide daily breakfast, but the only concern the menu is repeated, so after few days, the breakfast will be monotonous. Wi-fi facility is there, but it is only average, and that must be the problem everywhere in Ethiopia. Overall, the accommodation is good and decent for stay.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank VLNarayanaswamy
Reviewed 18 March 2013

Having stayed at this guest house numerous times I cannot tell express how wonderful the staff is! The breakfast with Chef David is always amazing as well as his dinners. The rooms are nice and clean and orderly. They go above and beyond to meet your expectations

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank amagical
Reviewed 15 November 2012

The hotel staff was so nice to us. The place was very clean and well cared for. We really appreciated the breakfast service - excellent chef (very polite, willing to make food to order if needed - very nice to our new kiddos). Other meals are available and very affordable. There wasn't much to the kids play area, but we were able to find other things to do. The hotel seemed to be centrally located and many different activities were in walking distance. We appreciated everything they did for us and hope to stay there again when we visit.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family