Al Waddan Hotel
  • Restaurant
Plasma Hotel(Tripoli)
HotelQuickly
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Stayed in the hotel for 3 weeks. Room was very clean, staff are friendly and helpful, breakfast is above average but room service is very expensive. This one of the very few "safe" hotels in Libya. Highly recommended for your business trips.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank 3amid
Reviewed 25 December 2013

I stayed there for couple of weeks, very nice and clean room, bathroom looked great with the bath tub and a shower but the water was everywhere after taking the shower. TV mostly did not work but I the bed was very comfortable and the chambermaid cleaned the rooms well.
Breakfast was great, long time to wait to get a coffee though. Gym is well equipped.

Room Tip: I stayed in the front room, sometimes was noisy but the room was big so I did not complain. Maybe, rooms with a sea view are better.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I stayed over 2 months at this Hotel. The management and staff are excellent - they make a real effort to deal with problems that may arise. Room especially the Executive ones are spacious and well equipped and cleaned thoroughly every day. Internet is the best in the city and the back up generator means a continuous service. Breakfast a treat as it their pool and Technogym equipped gym. Room service good and prices not too steep - there is no delivery charge.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 September 2013

we had nice, spacious rooms, fast internet at any time and found a very friendly ambitious management. We had good experiences already 1 year ago in this hotel, but we were booked to many other hotels by our libyan partner afterwards. At least we can tell now from solid experiences on hotels in Tripoli, that Al Waddan is the best choice for business visitors in the upper class hotel range. We will make it our home base in Tripoli.

Room Tip: for very quiet nights choose the internal court yard
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 August 2013

Great service, great amenities, great food, FAST INTERNET!
I have been to this hotel before in the Gaddafi regime. Felt really controlled and weird.
Now the management are easy going and work hard to make the customer happy.
I will continue to go here, I was a customer ar the Raddison blue, but the food is terrible and room service takes 2 hours at a time.
Great gym and enough room to relax and to do business at the same time without being bothered.
Because of the location, it definetly feels safe...

I would recommend this for Libya.
Plus I found out it used to be a casino and the oldest hotel in Libya.
Definetly a charming 5 star boutique hotel.

Room Tip: Please try to get a sea side room....
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business