See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 15 September 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights from 8 September. The reservation was made for me by a local business partner and I was very pleasantly surprised. The hotel is located in a quiet side road and near the centre of Tripoli. Service was excellent and the breakfast was good. I had a buffet dinner in the hotel on one evening and this was good too. Rooms are comfortable and clean although my room was poorly lit as it faced a small inner courtyard. Internet was slow but at least it was stable.

Room Tip: Ask for an outside facing room on a high level
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 April 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights from 31st March. The hotel is close to the centre of Tripoli, but tucked away in a small side road. There is a prominent sign on the main road showing where this hotel is located. The hotel appears to be in a residential area and I did not see any restaurants or shops close by. The hotel has a cafe/bar on the ground floor and a restaurant on the 8th floor which I only used for breakfast.

Breakfast consisted of a choice of hot and cold foods, which was sufficient, as well as hot drinks and juice. The staff were all helpful, especially the person manning the reception, and could speak English well. They accepted Libyan Dinar, Euros and credit cards for payment.

I stayed in room 511, which is a small, single room with a window into a shaft, making it a little dark. The room had a flat-screem TV, good wardrobe space and a well equipped bathroom with bath and shower. It had no room safe or coffee making facilities, however a plate of arabic sweetmeats and bottle of water was provided on entry and it was also airconditioned. The room was very clean and quiet.

The room and reception bar had free wi-fi, with stable connectivity but slow bandwidth. I was charged LYD129 bed and breakfast for a single room, and thought this was good value for what was provided. I would thoroughly recommend this hotel for business travellers.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Tony M
Reviewed 28 January 2012

I stayed there one night in November 2011. I didn't reserve ahead of time but was able to get a room as a walk in. The rate was 140LYD/night (about £80). The staff at the front desk were very friendly and helpful. The wireless internet was slow, but what can you expect in a post war country?! The rooms were of decent size and clean. The included buffet breakfast was also excellent with a large choice of both traditional and western food.

The hotel is also a 10 to 15 minute walk from Martyr's Square, the main square in Tripoli where most of the rallies are held, so it was perfectly located for my work. (I'm a journalist). I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Michael G
Reviewed 20 March 2010

I would recommend this hotel for business or pleasure. I stayed here whilst on business in Libya in a group of 14. Their charges are in Libyan Dinar, so they are not ripping you off by charging in Euros, unlike other hotels in Libya.

The rooms were excellent, they were clean, modern, and relaxing. Some of the rooms were like mini apartments, kitted out with a kitchen! My room had a very well stocked mini bar, a comfortable bed, slippers and a dressing gown. The maid service was also good.

The staff were always helpful and friendly and spoke excellent English. The food was good in particular the breakfast; a wide choice of Libyan and Western food that set you up for the day.

In the reception they were just kitting out a business centre, but already had some computers with free internet access. The location of the hotel was also good, a 5-10 minute walk from most places.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business