Lowest prices for your stay
US$154
View deal
Free cancellation until 13/10/22
Travelocity
eDreams
Hotels.comUS$154
All reviews chef paul garden suite boutique hotel head chef birthday dinner african cities the hotel manager beautiful property the general manager business trip warm heart rooms are spacious home away from home gym loft staycation oasis
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 May 2022

I just stayed at the hotel and had a great weekend. The suites are huge and very clean. The food was excellent. In particular, I found the waiter by the pool, Teddy, extremely attentive and very friendly. He has a very big smile, which really made me feel welcome. I will be going back to the hotel.

Date of stay: May 2022
Reviewed 30 April 2022 via mobile

The peak of colonialism.
Classic compound living, separated from the realities of the country.
Lovely if tolove that.
But your cash tip on your evening meal, or the price if your chilled white wine bottle, will be more than the per day tip of the best game guide in the country.

The equality stinks. Bath plugs leak .... no bath. Local ladies looking to catch diplomatic partners at the pool, if that is your scene ... cool ...

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 27 April 2022

Latitude came highly recommended from colleagues who had previously stayed in Lilongwe, but my experience was not positive. The exterior and common areas are quite nice, interior of junior suite rooms is comparable to and the gym is far nicer than other similarly priced hotels where I've stayed in major African cities.

The aircon in my room was not working when I arrived on a Sunday (26 degrees and humid, so quite uncomfortable). On Monday late morning I asked the front desk to see if someone might be able to fix it; late Tuesday someone showed up to make the repair. I was surprised there was no communication about the status of the repair, no offer of a fan or to move to a room with a working aircon, and such a delay in fixing the problem.

Initially I was thrilled to see laundry services were complimentary, since I was staying for 10 nights. I had laundry done twice - the first was excellent, the second time I did not specify that white and colored laundry should be washed separately and returned to find my while blouse ruined from being washed with dark clothing.

On my penultimate evening, I noticed a swarm of ants near the sink. Admittedly I did not report this, I just assumed housekeeping would clean the following afternoon. I was shocked to return from work to find the mess of ants still there.

Finally, while I cannot say for certain, I believe cash was taken from my room. The additional USD was hidden away (bags within bags that no one other than I would have needed to touch or move), and was only unattended a handful of times in my locked room and at my guarded office. I have traveled extensively and am very careful with where and how I store and expose my money, and have managed to avoid theft up to this point. I was shocked and disappointed to find the money missing after a week at the hotel, and immediately reported to the front desk. The man at the desk assured me he'd follow up. On checkout I reported the theft again; the women working took my contact information, told me they'd speak to the manager and would follow up with me. It's been two weeks since I returned home and I have not heard anything by way of follow up.

I understand that these things happen, and do think a lot of my negative feelings have to do with expectations. I have stayed at plenty of low-cost, low-comfort hotels around the world, but when I pay for a 'luxury' experience I expect safe, secure, and comfortable accommodations, which I did not find at Latitude.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 20 April 2022 via mobile

Myself, the family and a group of friends stayed here twice (either end) of a big trip around Malawi. This really was a beautiful stay to have both to start with, and even more to end with! The food menu is incredibly diverse and everything is delicious. We had loads of cocktails and drinks which went down a treat. The gym has lots of variety, making it easy to replicate workouts we do back at our gym back home. The rooms are absolutely stunning (I got the pleasure to stay in 3 different rooms during my time there, all of which were in different areas so designed differently). The pool is super refreshing and nice to have in the centre. And most of all, all the staff walk around with a smile on their faces and always ask how we are. I would highly recommend Latitude hotels to anyone visiting Malawi, Zambia or Uganda!

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 11 April 2022

I had an amazing stay at Latitude 13 for a two-week work trip to Lilongwe. Everything was perfect. The room was beautiful, extra wi-fi router for room was awesome, property beautiful, food and service top of the line, spa convenient and appreciated --and on and on. Love this hotel and will definitely stay there for next trip to Lilongwe. Don't hesitate to book here!

Date of stay: March 2022
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel