“Very Nice Place ”

Cuisines: Greek, International
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

very nice place to vibe with friends, beautiful environment great view friendly staff specially the guy called Domingos his very friendly, patient and helpful! the white guy manager is very very gentle and carrying

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Worth going there to see the view. It gets extremely hot there so it's better to go for sundowners. Reasonable prices.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Lively noisy and busy place to visit especially as the sunsets over the new bridge being built over the river estuary. We had a very enjoyable meal with attentive service. Not cheap but a must place to visit if you are spending any time in Maputo

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We came here for an aperitivo before dinner, after a long day of work.
Wonderful sundown evening with a cool breeze coming from the sea. stunning views with the new bridge (longest suspended bridge in Africa).
a very characteristic place, which also couples with crafts shop.
we had a couple of drinks and some snack. Don't leave the place without thrying their traditional samosa (with feta cheese inside). Service is good, staffs very nice. Service relatively fast. Can get busy though so if you can reserve a table is better. Strongly recommended when in Maputo.

1  Thank Ayo78
Reviewed 16 March 2018

Before visiting Dhow in Mozambique, I would have never thought of myself as a person who would join TripAdvisor. It always seemed like too much work for my liking. However, I have to give you all an idea of what this magical restaurant/gallery holds in the tropics of Africa.
My husband and I are avid collectors and fascinators of art and decor. We constantly travel around Africa and Asia, and our most recent escape was in Mozambique for my 36th birthday. Through online research, I had found that Dhow Mozambique was the must-go-to restaurant in Mozambique, so obviously I quickly made a reservation at their restaurant for my birthday celebration (which was on Valentine's Day).
I have no other words to describe this store other than AMAZING. I was enchanted by the level of art knowledge and expertise. The owner, a blonde Greek lady, immediately embraced us and gave us a tour of the entire store. This was probably the worst idea for my husband because I wanted to buy everything!! I managed to buy a couple of african art pieces, but also beautiful jewelry from Greece and clothing pieces by a well-known Greek designer known as Kourbela.
The excitement didn't stop there! The food was very good and it tasted even better coupled with the amazing musical vibes and view of the ocean. My husband even ended up ordering two of the prawn saganakis entrees!! We couldn't get enough. Also, when you go you should definitely try the princess filet, a filet with mushrooms and cream sauce. I'm not sure if they have it on their normal menu because we ordered from the Valentine's Day menu, but that was definitely a dish I will never forget.
My husband and I have already made plans to return to Mozambique for Christmas and we'll be taking the entire family to Dhow this time! I can't wait!! Trust me: you won't regret this unique Greek and Mozambican infused experience.