All reviews pleasant place within walking distance centre of town klein windhoek joe's beerhouse short stay stayed one night first night irmgard fridge namibia taxis television safari
Reviewed 22 November 2017

I booked this hotel for it's location within easy walking distance to town.
I stayed before and after a safari. The staff went out of their way to help, even when I made my booking. I was impressed they offer a Snack type evening meal. My first room was a bit run down (7), but I liked the balcony. It was clean and I had a very comfortable night, as well on my second night.
Breakfast offers a good choice and one can order freshly cooked eggs!
They organised my airport transfers and it worked well.
I would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
jrannersmann, Inhaber at Hotel Pension Uhland, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2017

Dear Suedfrucht
Thanks for your feedback, its much appreciated!
See you again at you next stay in Windhoek
Irmgard

Reviewed 14 August 2017

We stayed in a family room; 2 interconnected rooms. Although there was a clear difference in rooms with the one appearing a bit outdated, both rooms were clean. Breakfast was simple but very nice. Good location in Klein Windhoek; nice places to eat nearby.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Jürgen R, Inhaber at Hotel Pension Uhland, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2017

Dear Jasper
Thanks for your feedback!
Best regards
Irmgard Rannersmann

Reviewed 27 July 2017

A well situated bnb, convenient to find and with nearby shops and restaurants. Friendly staff and clean rooms. A minute bathroom and the extractor fan wasn't working but adequate for a short stay. On their recommendation we had dinner at the iconic Joe's Beer House - an experience in itself!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 July 2017

I thought the staff were very helpful and friendly, the location was very good (walking distance from Joe's Beerhouse!) and the surrounds were lovely - nice garden area, outdoor seating and aviaries with cute birds.

I stayed twice, the first room was much nicer than the second (second room had no bathtub, older style television, bit darker), despite both being the same price, so it might be worth looking at the rooms if you have options when you arrive.

The restaurant breakfast was good and reasonably priced, including hot options like omelettes and fried eggs if you ordered from the kitchen. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask to see the rooms first, as some in same price ranges are nicer than others.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Nerida L
Reviewed 18 July 2017 via mobile

We made a reservation at Uhland when our first choice hotel was not available. It turned out to be a really good choice. The staff is VERY helpful with everything ranging from directions to restaurants to helping us fix our bicycle case. Also helpful and responsive to our email queries before arrival. Good on-site breakfast. Short walking distance to two good restaurants

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family