“Great home for Windhoek”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Windhoek
Tamboti Guest House
Ranked #22 of 101 Windhoek B&B and Inns
Reviewed 28 November 2013

Ziggy and her family run this comfortable B&B. Breakfast was great with a German flair of cold meats and cheese but eggs upon request. Breads are GREAT so save room. All the comforts you need and help with anything you want. Within easy walk of downtown Windhoek but not after dark. Good grocery within a couple of blocks for stocking up on essentials before your Namibian adventure.

Room Tip: We stayed two times and both were excellent and large.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 24 November 2013

The guesthouse is a family run business and in walking distance from the city center (5-10 min). Like all hotels in Windhoek, you fell a little bit like in Fort Knox with high walls and electrical fences.

Positive: the staff is very helpful with reservations and recommendations.
You can easily and safely store your luggage after checkout, and they offer safe parking. The pool is very nice as well. Rooms are spacious and clean, breakfast was very good.

Negative: the shower was cold in the morning, as we stayed only for one night I don't know if it was just bad luck. Furthermore, the computer for paid internet access is very slow with old browsers. I just wanted to do a quick online check-in for our flight but I abandoned it after 20 min. Impossible to get it to work (this was no problem with the internet connection, the computer is just very old and lacks maintenance). Bring rather your own computer, as they offer WIFI, or you might be frustrated.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Wooltravel
Reviewed 6 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed there for two nights before and after a booked safari trip.

Extremely friendly and helpful staff! Well run place with amazing breakfast, ac in the rooms and lovely pool/ terrasse area. Very calm area at night.

A bit decentral for those wanting to explore central Windhoek or eager for big nightlife.

I would always go there again!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 September 2013

Last minute booking as my booking was missing at one of the major hotels in town due to a UN conference. Was assisted very fast and efficiently by the owners. Room was spacious enough for me ( travelling alone ). Bathroom was well appointed. TV had very selected options and was not tuned in properly ( could not do it myself ). Swimming pool was great! Wished I could stay longer to laze a day at the pool. Very well organised with shuttles, what to do, tours ect. Will be back as they are also reasonably priced.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 September 2013

I spent one night at Tamboti Guest House before heading north to Etosha park.

The location is good if you have a car. If you do not have a car you will have to take a taxi to go downtown (particularly after dark).

Our room was overlooking the swimming pool. It had a double bed, a table with chairs, a TV, a wardrobe, 2 bedside tables and a very big bathroom with a larger than usual shower.
The room is quite basic in terms that there is only the minimum you need, but ehi, this is a guest house, not a 5 star hotel!!!!
The only suggestion I have would be to add a kettle in the rooms, but I understand there is a coffee machine somewhere in the main building where you can get coffee / tea for a small fee (but we arrive late in the evening and I was too tired to go and look for it!!!!)

Our room had a large terrace (which we share with your neighbours) and was very quiet.

The garden of the guest house is very nice, with some wooden sculptures of animal (rhinos, etc).
There are also some "real animals": a couple of friendly dogs and some cats - but do not worry, if you are not a pet lover they will just ignore you... they seem to know who to go to!

We had breakfast in the morning and I found it quite good: the bread was really nice, so was the yoghurt. No complaints at all about it!

The lady who runs the guest house, a Namibian of German origins, speaks English and German and is very friendly and helpful - she gave us instruction on how to find a supermarket and a petrol station - she even drawn a map for us.

By the way, you can park the car in the parking space of the guest house (which is private and very secure) - and it is included in the room fee.

I would surely stay at this guest house again and I would recommend it to other travellers looking for a clean, friendly and affordable place to spend one night (or more) when in Windhoek.

But if you are looking for 5 star facilities, then go to the Hilton.

Room Tip: If you are travelling with kids ask for a family room (I saw the room of our neighbours, it was much...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends