“A welcoming smile !”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Windhoek
Tamboti Guest House
Ranked #22 of 101 Windhoek B&B and Inns
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We stayed here on our first and last night in Namibia and was delighted by the friendly welcome. Security is their prime importance and we were given a key to unlock the sliding gate. Breakfast is 'continental' and no hot food (eggs) were offered. There is an honesty book to log down what drinks you have helped yourself to from the bar. The wonderful dining room furniture was created by a innovated woodcrafter and truly original. It is within walking distance of the town's main street, Independence Avenue with it's shops and restaurants, however there are a couple of busy roads to cross and the local drivers aren't very accommodating to pedestrian crossings.

Room Tip: Most rooms are basic and a little dated.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 9 April 2014

This guesthouse is centrally located. Provides all you need with friendly service. It is very reasonable prices in comparison with other establishments of same or even less standard. Definitely recommended for a work stay over. Safe and secure parking.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 March 2014

Me and my husband stayed over on the 11th March 2014. We arrived late and after having dinner got to the guest house after 10 at night, there was no lights outside to guide us to our room! The room was very basic with NO kettle and although clean, the bedding is very old and looks totally run down, two FLAT pillows with no support made for a very uncomfy sleep, lots of mosquito's and no repellent. The next morning I had a cold shower because (as in owner's explanation) too many people showered that morning. No hot breakfast (bacon, egg, toast etc) , all that was available was a roll with cold meat and cheese or muesli. My husband went to buy me something at the shop and immediately the owner's sun came to check if I was still there, perhaps they thought we left without paying? I asked for my breakfast to be brought to my room (by my husband) and the owner wanted to know why, when my husband explained I am scared of dogs she said "but this is a guesthouse" meaning I should not be scared, or they don't like him bringing me breakfast to the room? I do not know, but this was not an experience I will recommend to anyone for the N$ 680-00 we paid for a room with not even cold water in the fridge and almost got carried away by the mosquito's and a tv with 5 channels you cannot watch because of poor reception, never again!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rheta S
Reviewed 28 November 2013

Ziggy and her family run this comfortable B&B. Breakfast was great with a German flair of cold meats and cheese but eggs upon request. Breads are GREAT so save room. All the comforts you need and help with anything you want. Within easy walk of downtown Windhoek but not after dark. Good grocery within a couple of blocks for stocking up on essentials before your Namibian adventure.

Room Tip: We stayed two times and both were excellent and large.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 November 2013

The guesthouse is a family run business and in walking distance from the city center (5-10 min). Like all hotels in Windhoek, you fell a little bit like in Fort Knox with high walls and electrical fences.

Positive: the staff is very helpful with reservations and recommendations.
You can easily and safely store your luggage after checkout, and they offer safe parking. The pool is very nice as well. Rooms are spacious and clean, breakfast was very good.

Negative: the shower was cold in the morning, as we stayed only for one night I don't know if it was just bad luck. Furthermore, the computer for paid internet access is very slow with old browsers. I just wanted to do a quick online check-in for our flight but I abandoned it after 20 min. Impossible to get it to work (this was no problem with the internet connection, the computer is just very old and lacks maintenance). Bring rather your own computer, as they offer WIFI, or you might be frustrated.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple