“Ok but disappointing ”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Windhoek
Tamboti Guest House
Ranked #22 of 100 Windhoek B&B and Inns
Reviewed 1 August 2016 via mobile

Stayed at Tamboti twice either end of our trip to Namibia.

We got different rooms each time and both had issues. Both rooms very tired and nothing like the pictures which was disappointing. Very tired and basic. Tiles missing from bathroom with an a4 piece of paper used to cover them up. And in second room, a broken toilet!

Pool was out of use and we were advised not to use the wifi or too much water as soon as we arrived. Not great when it's advertised as being included.

Breakfast was extremely limited when compared to the rest of our trip. Choice of cereal, toast and a bit of salami and cheese which didn't get topped up.

It did the job for what we needed but it needs a lot of work and also I feel they need to amend their false advertisement of wifi and change their pictures!

Stayed: August 2016

Reviewed 23 July 2016

Room was super basic but clean. Great dogs running around.

Wifi usage was discouraged by owner due to excessive costs for downloads. Owner also asked to keep showers short due to water shortages. We felt bad and didn't use the wifi or the shower.

Minor suggestion is putting up a sign in the bathroom stating that there's a water shortage and putting a cap on the wifi, i.e. 500mb per device, etc. vs asking to refrain from using advertised facilities/services.

Breakfast was cold items, yogurt and toast and cold cuts.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 June 2016

I love the architecture of Southern Africa, and Tamboti is a prime example with its white washed walls, thatched roofs, colourful bougainvilleas, and traditional carved wooden furnishings. The staff are lovely and very helpful. Breakfast was delicious! Bread and pastries delivered fresh from the bakery, freshly brewed coffee served to me at the table, a beautiful spread of jams.

I arrived here after an exceptionally long-haul flight from Sydney via Perth and Joburg. I was very comfortable in my room and spacious bathroom. We had a view of the Khomas Hochland range from our bedroom, which I was able to enjoy at sunrise due to jet lag :) I stayed one night before beginning an overland tour of Namibia, so I didn't venture out but my father easily walked into town and back, and the host was always around to give advice about how to get around Windhoek.

If you stay here I recommend you talk to the hosts about donating old clothes that you don't want anymore. I brought over a bag with me and the host arranged for it to be given to a lady who works with AIDS orphans.

Only downside is that there was no kettle in the room. Other than that, a wonderful stay!

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 June 2016

Olaf and his mom were gracious, accommodating, and gave a great recommendation for dinner.The room, both times, was clean, comfortable, and well appointed. They both made us feel welcome and chatted with us about places to see and things to do.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 February 2016

We arrived in Windhoek February 6, 2016 and our guide, Philip, of Wild Wind Safaris brought us to this charming guest house. We stayed just one night but loved it there. It is a quiet oasis in Windhoek. We were treated so well and our hostess was totally charming.

We had a wonderful breakfast before leaving, the opportunity to store our drinks in a fridge, wifi that worked so well, and a room with AC. Could not have asked for more:-)

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled with friends