“Never again”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Windhoek
Tamboti Guest House
Ranked #23 of 101 Windhoek B&B and Inns
Reviewed 29 August 2016 via mobile

I strongly do not reccomend this place. First of all its location is in Windhoek West well known to be one of the less safe suburbs in town. The place offers a very limited breakfast. No eggs are available. If you ask why is that they answer they do not have a kitchen. Isn't it their problem and not the guest's? WI FI is available but the owner switches it off as he likes. If you ask why he replies WIFI is an added bonus. No coffee station in the room. Coffee only available near the office. Not for free. Poor beds and very poor bedding. The pillows are as thin as a sheet of paper. In my room the toilet paper roll had 20 cm of paper only. I travel a lot in Namibia and never found a place so unwelcoming. Windhoek offers several better places in this price range and I am writing this review from a lovely one. The owner, a young man, is very rude. He asked me to follow him and he walked through a door. I was about to do the same and he loudly told me to stop because that area was private. So he left me in the driveway. The main gate and the smallest gate do not have locks. They have big padlocks. If you come back when it is dark the hole of the padlock faces the inside. Very uncomfortable and gives you a feeling to be in a cage. I hope this review will divert some people elsewhere.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
2  Thank ogom650

Reviewed 1 August 2016 via mobile

Stayed at Tamboti twice either end of our trip to Namibia.

We got different rooms each time and both had issues. Both rooms very tired and nothing like the pictures which was disappointing. Very tired and basic. Tiles missing from bathroom with an a4 piece of paper used to cover them up. And in second room, a broken toilet!

Pool was out of use and we were advised not to use the wifi or too much water as soon as we arrived. Not great when it's advertised as being included.

Breakfast was extremely limited when compared to the rest of our trip. Choice of cereal, toast and a bit of salami and cheese which didn't get topped up.

It did the job for what we needed but it needs a lot of work and also I feel they need to amend their false advertisement of wifi and change their pictures!

Stayed: August 2016
Reviewed 23 July 2016

Room was super basic but clean. Great dogs running around.

Wifi usage was discouraged by owner due to excessive costs for downloads. Owner also asked to keep showers short due to water shortages. We felt bad and didn't use the wifi or the shower.

Minor suggestion is putting up a sign in the bathroom stating that there's a water shortage and putting a cap on the wifi, i.e. 500mb per device, etc. vs asking to refrain from using advertised facilities/services.

Breakfast was cold items, yogurt and toast and cold cuts.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 June 2016

I love the architecture of Southern Africa, and Tamboti is a prime example with its white washed walls, thatched roofs, colourful bougainvilleas, and traditional carved wooden furnishings. The staff are lovely and very helpful. Breakfast was delicious! Bread and pastries delivered fresh from the bakery, freshly brewed coffee served to me at the table, a beautiful spread of jams.

I arrived here after an exceptionally long-haul flight from Sydney via Perth and Joburg. I was very comfortable in my room and spacious bathroom. We had a view of the Khomas Hochland range from our bedroom, which I was able to enjoy at sunrise due to jet lag :) I stayed one night before beginning an overland tour of Namibia, so I didn't venture out but my father easily walked into town and back, and the host was always around to give advice about how to get around Windhoek.

If you stay here I recommend you talk to the hosts about donating old clothes that you don't want anymore. I brought over a bag with me and the host arranged for it to be given to a lady who works with AIDS orphans.

Only downside is that there was no kettle in the room. Other than that, a wonderful stay!

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 June 2016

Olaf and his mom were gracious, accommodating, and gave a great recommendation for dinner.The room, both times, was clean, comfortable, and well appointed. They both made us feel welcome and chatted with us about places to see and things to do.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple