“Great pizza in a great atmosphere!”
Review of Secret Garden

Secret Garden
Ranked #17 of 158 Restaurants in Abuja
Price range: US$10 - US$50
Cuisines: International
Dining options: After-hours
Description: Abuja No 1 Pizzeria and Bar, located in the heart of Abuja City in a serene garden with lush vegetation.
Reviewed 3 September 2017

The Secret Garden is a great hideaway in Abuja. Although it can be a bit hard to find, the space is beautiful with a large, well-lit garden and plenty of covered seating.

The pizza was the best we had in Abuja, and the cheap beers are great to wash it down with. Plus, they deliver on Jumiah Food!

Reviewed 15 August 2017

I end up eating at this place on one of my last nights in Abuja. and my family and I know we have found our secret place. the atmosphere, food, service were all great. We order all over the place, we had pasta, pizza, burger, and some variety of appetizer - and we were all impressed with our food.

Reviewed 30 July 2017

The staff were busy spinning chairs on their heads, admittedly, to the delight of other customers, while we waited to be attended to. 25 minutes later we got their attention and got served another 40 minutes later. By this time, we were far too irritated and decided to leave. We had a meaningful discussion between us though.

When we requested to see the manager, he showed up after a few more requests. It was only then we realized he had been standing around where we were sat for no less than 15 minutes. He seemed too far removed from most of the place. He apologized for the service but was seemingly baffled by our complaint.

Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

As the title suggests, the main part of the restaurant is outside. Not a problem in the dry season but in the wet season, it can get a bit 'bitey'.

The food takes a little while to come and there is no apparent plan for when starters, mains or drinks come out. I have finished a starter and main before anybody else's food even came out.

That said, the food is very good. The pizza is particularly good. The price is very fair.

On the weekends, it can get a little noisy from clubs nearby playing loud music so not exactly a romantic setting but one of my favourites in Abuja.

1  Thank Ben S
Reviewed 12 July 2017

I went here with some colleagues and enjoyed the restaurant and atmosphere. This place is definitely expat heavy, but not in an annoying sort of way. There were many tables so you don't feel like you are too crowded. There are many vegetarian options including salads, pizzas, pastas and calzones. The pizzas are all priced between 2500-4000 naira for the most expensive options. The pastas are around the same amount, and salads are around 1500-2000 naria. I'm not sure how this fares compared to other places in Abuja for prices. My total bill was 6,000 naira and I had two beers and a pizza- seems like a good deal to me! I will come back.