Ways to Experience Saso Uganda Safaris
from US$3,916.93
More Info
from US$1,981.54
More Info
All reviews felt very safe wilson itinerary activity wildlife uganda guide company gorillas trip companion communication accommodations
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 January 2021 via mobile

I enjoyed the whole trip from start to the end. Thx. Wilson the man who takes orders a very good helping with all abs fast respond. Only minus was the guide who tried to cheat for some of the experiences. So look at your itinerary! He was also asking for extra money all the time which was enjoying m. But besides that I loved it!

Date of experience: January 2021
1  Thank JonasJ313
Saso 'Gorilla T... U, Guest Relations Manager at Saso Uganda Safaris, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2021

Dear Jonas
Thanks so much for appreciating our service.
As its difficult now days to make the decision to travel amidst the covid virus situation we indeed thank you for choosing to travel with us
I was informed that after the 6 days tour you booked,You requested the driver guide to take you for extra tours like Extra day for Rhino trekking, A visit to the National sports grounds in Kampala which request you would do officially through the person you booked the tour with and get proper guidance on what and how to do it.
And since we had provided you with fulltime internet and we always answered your emails on time during the tour you should have informed us your idea of having extra activities during the tour.
All those extra activities required extra fees for fuel, driver allowances, Rhino trek permit fees since they were not included in the original tour you booked and were on a completely different route and date after the original tour.
However am happy that you both finally understood each other and agreed to pay for them.
Thanks so much for the concern and for notifying us that you had an amazing experience with us.
Stay safe and healthy.

Reviewed 20 November 2020

What an amazing tour. The professional nature of the company was impressive but I must admit, Michael, my guide, made all the difference. He's so knowledgeable and professional but at the same time makes you feel he is also a friend. The luxury tour was all that and then some. Even during this covid time, Uganda proved to be much more serious about safety measures than most nations not doing so well with their control of the virus. I felt very safe. I loved the level of difficulty of both the chimpanzee trek as well as the gorilla trekking with the gorilla trekking actually being challenging. Both my trekking events were privatized so my experience may not be that of others that were not privatized. I also had the pleasure of interacting with the Batwa tribe of the Pygmy people. That was awesome. What a unique experience. Saso took care of everything concerning changes and requests. I have to also mention the level of luxury I experienced since that's what I requested which is also offered. I was thoroughly impressed and it didn't break the bank choosing that option. The food at the lodges was great and the level of service impeccable. One lodge even surprised me for my birthday in Bwindi. That was awesome. Thank you Saso for giving me a 50th birthday I will never forget.

Date of experience: October 2020
1  Thank coupr30058

Dear Keith
Thanks so much for appreciating our services.
We aim at providing more than an average package deal and this is something we have always done.
We indeed appreciate your choice of making sasougandasafaris your number#1 travel partner.
We hope you had a safe travel back home and please be our ambassador in the United States.
Stay Safe and Healthy

Reviewed 9 October 2020

Circumstances required that I cancel my tour and, even during a pandemic, Saso lived up to their word and gave me a refund. Organizations like this deserve business and when I can travel again, I will be using their services.

Date of experience: October 2020

Dear Michael
Thanks so much for the appreciation.
We look forward to traveling with you when the situation gets better for the travel industry.
Sasougandasafaris has and shall stand by its core principles and values.
Stay safe and healthy.

Reviewed 7 March 2020

We found the van very comfortable for what was a very long 12 car journey each way from outside Kampala. Our driver was safe and friendly. The stops along the way were comfortable and well thought out. Our accommodation at Lake Mutanda was amazing, just a big shame we couldn't enjoy more time there.

The trek experience was incredible. Well organised, professional and safe. We highly recommend hiring a local to carry your bag which is offered to you at the beginning of the morning. We ended up being carried over streams etc which was extremely kind of them.

The time with the Gorillas was magical. We were so close to them. The staff helped in every way to ensure we had a great experience suggesting where to stand and assisting us with photos. It is difficult to explain how wonderful it was except to tell you that you must do it.

Date of experience: January 2020
2  Thank 162sharin

Hello Sharing
We are really happy that we were able to give the best value for money and that you enjoyed your tour with us.
We look forward to hosting you again as gorilla experiences are different every time you visit them.
We also appreciate the time spent in Uganda in the communities which enabled many of our people to learn lots of life changing skill and created friends who continue to give you smiling moments whenever you think of Africa.
Thanks a million.

Reviewed 1 February 2020

Easy to book the tour and all questions were answered.
I had arranged to be picked up from the airport, but there was a mix-up in times so the driver wasn't there. However, one phone call, with an apology, it was all sorted, which was reassuring.
Moses was my guide/driver, he was really pleasant and informative when I asked questions and when providing instructions for next day activities. He was also really considerate when I was poorly one day.
All the accommodation was lovely, comfortable, clean. All the food was delicious and plenty of it, though be aware the menus tend to be set.
You do spend the majority of the time in the van and there is limited leg-space, particularly if you have long legs.
I would recommend that you ensure the guide gives you clear instruction of who and how much to give tips too. You have to tip a lot, hotel, guides, trackers, porters, etc. so it gets a bit confusing of who and how much.
Also, after the gorilla trek, the accommodation offers a free service to clean your boots, which would be great if they just removed the mud from the boot treads and sides. However, they literally wash the boot, outside and INSIDE, so if you want to wear the boots in the next couple of days, then I would recommend that you clean them yourself.

Date of experience: January 2020
1  Thank Jasper421972
sasougandasafaris, Manager at Saso Uganda Safaris, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2020

Hello Jasper
Greetings from Saso Uganda Safaris Team
Hope you reached home safely!
Thank for booking, trusting us to take you through 5 Days Gorillas and Wildlife Safari in Uganda.
In addition, thank you so much for your review.
Best Regards