“An oasis in Kampala”

Restaurant Pizza Italia
Ranked #225 of 314 Restaurants in Kampala
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Reviewed 6 December 2016

Had a busy day yesterday and no time to eat. So, by the end of the day I was rather hungry and crappy. The person I was in the car with suggested a restaurant, which must have discontinued since she was there last, a few years ago.
The next suggestion was a Muzungu restaurant in a shopping mall. I really didn't want to eat there, once I saw it.
She suggested a nice Italian restaurant, but we couldn't find it.
All of above took the best of 2+ hours, which helped neither my hunger nor my mood. I parked the car and we wandered off on foot, ready to eat anywhere. Long story short, we walked another few hundred meters along Old Port Bell Rd and found the Italian Restaurant!!
The menue is exhaustive, we had beers and pizza. Former was cold and at 5k very affordable, later was hot and delicious. The crust was crispy, the toppings deep and juicy. The waitress brought two oil bottles, one with garlic, one with pepper. This is exactly what and how I like, when eating pizza.
The restaurant is a staircase down from the road with / in a big garden. The waitresses were friendly and nice.

I will be back, now that I have the address & phone number!

Reviewed 26 November 2016

I went to this restaurant with 3 friends. I ordered a lasagna and one of my friends ordered a pizza with minced meat. The food arrived and the meat in the lasagna was off and so was the meat on my friend's pizza.

We called the waitress and told her the food was off and she cleared the plates explaining that she was going to speak to the chef. About 20 minutes later, we call her back and asked if she was doing anything about the food at which point she said no and suggested that my friend and I were perhaps unfamiliar with the type of spices they use in their food. She went on to explain that the lasagna in particular is made "fresh" and had only been in the freezer for 4 days.

When we asked to speak to a manager, we were told there was no manager on site. The only person in a "management" position was a Cashier who refused to leave her station to hear our complaints.

There was no offer to replace the food and no apology.

Horrendous service, stinky toilets, lousy staff.

Reviewed 9 August 2016

It's a nice place it's peaceful and they have the biggest variety of pizza in Kampala and it's done the Italian way

Reviewed 28 June 2016

The pizza is great however service is poor and ambiance not very inviting. it had an unpleasant smell. Best to buy pizza for take away.

Reviewed 25 October 2014

Must've ordered the wrong thing because I don't agree at all with the other Reviews of this Place... First of all, the place is not well kept - old, worn out furniture and a generally dirty, dusty look as if nothing has been done to maintain this place since the 80's... Food took forever to come and when it came it was bland and tasteless and no finesse with regard to presentation. Because of its vicinity to home, I might try it out again for pizza, otherwise it is by no means worthy of another chance. To many better places around, so this place needs to quit being lazy and make an effort...