All reviewslakes restaurantleading hotels of the worldthe pearlfive star hotelbeautiful hoteleast africamain gatebusiness tripbusiness centerroom servicebeautiful groundsbusy cityairport transferbreakfast buffetan oasismain restaurantrooms are spacious
Reviewed 14 September 2016 via mobile

Mmmmmm if u feel like change , quality and elegancy visit this place chilly feel highly and expect good service , yummy bite and enjoy your glass of wine in style its nice poshy , friendly staff and cool...just try it out en experince

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
SerenaHotels, General Manager at Kampala Serena Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2016

Dear Muhekis,

Your marvelous and heartfelt review just warms our heart with sheer delight! Thank so much for sparing valuable time to share this wonderful experience with fellow travelers!

There is no greater satisfaction in the hospitality Industry than to hear that we exceeded our guest's expectations and I am also very delighted to hear that our staff made you feel at home. I have no doubt that they equally enjoyed catering to your needs as much as you enjoyed your stay.

Thank you once again for sharing your wonderful experience, and we look forward to hosting you again in the future. I will be delighted to meet you during your next visit!

Kind Regards

Anthony Chege.

Reviewed 12 September 2016 via mobile

I stayed here for 4 nights last week. I still can't get over how spotlessly polished the taps in the bathroom were! Not one water stain! I've stayed in different hotels around the world, but the polish and shine of these taps is legendary!

Needless to say, the room was impeccably clean and the standard of housekeeping was consistent throughout my stay. The personalised welcome message on the TV screen was a very nice touch!

The food was really nice too. I must recommend the matoke and peanut sauce! Yummy! Soya milk was readily available - a welcome relief for me.

The hotel staff were extremely helpful and very warm and friendly.

The only downside was that I could hear the guest in the adjacent room - including his phone ringing incessantly at an ungodly hour and him then proceeding to have a conversation. I am not sure if this is because there was a connecting door. It only happened once so wasn't worth complaining about.

All in all, I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 September 2016

My wife and I spent one night at the Serena on the start of our wedding anniversary tour in Uganda and Rwanda. From the initial greeting to the farewell by the doorman we were treated with open friendliness and generosity that we were overwhelmed. The hotel lives up to its 5 star rating with exceptional service, food and accommodation. Unfortunately we ony had the one night before our tour started so did not get to explore Kampala, maybe next time!

Room Tip: we had room 432 which had a lovely view over the pool and gardens.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 September 2016 via mobile

Have stayed at the Kampala Serena for extended periods for both work and privately. This is a top class establishment. I could live here permanently. Great staff, excellent facilities. Perfectly located to many restaurant, bars, offices and tourist attractions. Close to the airport.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 September 2016 via mobile

This was my first business trip to Uganda and I was surprised by the hotel. I only stayed two nights as I had to travel to another country.

Beautiful and clean, with security being a top priority.

Check-in was fast, friendly and efficient. Shuttle to the airport can be arranged, but is expensive at $65. Conference Centre is large, but old. Wifi does tend to drop sometimes, but otherwise works well.

The room that I was in was really spacious. All rooms are air-conditioned. The rate was very high, but I was told that the Serena might be a grand old dame, but she is the best. I like the little things like an iron and ironing board in the room, which to me is essential. Bath and showers are both available, but getting the right temperature can be tricky.

Outside the hotel is stunning and if you are so inclined you could have a nice run. Gym is open from 6am to about 10pm with two classes one in the morning and the other in the evening. The pool is large and has a waterfall.

Breakfast had all the usual including lots of fresh juice (pineapple, hibiscus, orange) as well as pistachio muffins. I really enjoyed the the chicken tikka for lunch at the buffet. Steaks at the Explorer were okay. Also had supper at the bar and the burger was okay, but watch out for the chili sauce.

You can join the Best Hotels loyalty Programme if you want to rack some points.

Enjoy the pics.