“Maybe best salads in town”
Review of Dancing Cup

Dancing Cup
Ranked #32 of 321 Restaurants in Kampala
Price range: US$2 - US$25
Cuisines: Contemporary, Healthy, Cafe, Grill
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Restaurant and café offering breakfast, lunch and dinner. Take away and delivery also available. We offer a varied menu of balanced, imaginative hot and cold meals for adults and children alike. Inspired and creative salads and hot meals available with daily changes to our specials boards to keep things exciting. All main dishes prepared to order with hand selected ingredients and quality, nutrition and freshness in mind. Play areas inside and out for the young ones and activities to keep them occupied while you relax and enjoy your experience. Safe and secure environment in private compound with secure private parking lot. Events and functions catered for on request. Easy to locate on Luthuli Avenue, Bugalobi with quick access to Village Mall shopping centre, industrial areas, town centre and major local schools including Kissyfur and Ambrosoli International school.
Reviewed 2 March 2018

Dancing Cup is basically a small recreational place during the day, for parent(s) and children, but is is also a continental menu restaurant. I have dined there around 25 times by now, and always had excellent food, whether Italian pastas or one of their salads, which are the best I have encountered around Kampala. There are also some interesting cocktails, like the White Russian, The place has bookshelves with second hand books, mostly for ladies, which you can buy and contribute to a charity. Once you enter, you feel at ease and home in a friendly garden environment.

DancingCup, Owner at Dancing Cup, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2018

Thank you for your review. We appreciate you taking the time.

Reviewed 16 January 2018 via mobile

We went with several families from my kids schools. It looks very dirty and not a place to eat. It was one lady working with the slowest tempo and the worst attitude ever! Well it was entertainment for us to see how bad a service can be. The food for one friends and her kids came then 10-15 minutes later the other ones and 5-7 minutes later the 3rd and so on. Me and my daughter didn’t get anything. And to be honest I lost my appetite with all the flies on us and the food. I asked for the bill for the drinks we had but my food was on the bill as well. She insisted that I got it- thanx God I had witnesses. Then we saw that she had placed it at the table near the playing area and not(!!!) on our table. She didn’t even apologise and I didn’t pay for that cold food on an another table covered with flies.
Will never go back! They lost many customers that they!

DancingCup, Manager at Dancing Cup, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2018

Firstly, we would like to apologise for what seems to have been a very negative experience for you. We take are hygiene, service and quality of food we offer extremely seriously and your experiences WILL be investigated fully and action taken to ensure all points are addressed. This is an extremely unusual set of circumstances that does not reflect our standards at all, and we shall be sure to find out what happened on this occasion.
Perhaps you can assist by providing us with the date and approximate time of your group visit. Please send this via email to dancingcup@yahoo.com so that we may investigate.
Thank you.

Reviewed 24 November 2017 via mobile

Going off the largely good reviews on trip advisor I decided to give dancing cup a go with hubby and our two toddlers in tow. Sadly I was disappointed by the experience. The indoor kiddies play area was lack luster and the toys were old and not too clean. The servers appeared busy and only approached after I sought them out. I also witnessed an argument between someone I assume was the proprietor and a member of staff. I asked her to assist thereafter and received the tail end of that fight for my trouble lol. I had some not-so-great ice-cream and a sad little chocolate muffin which were billed far above their worth. Not to mention the fact that mosquitoes got to work soon after we sat down (to be fair I asked for and received repellent so clearly this is something they are aware of but that doesn't give me much comfort as I didn't want to use repellent I didn't know on my kids or myself) All in all I was out the door pretty quick to go get lunch somewhere else. A lot of room for improvement. It's a great concept and lord knows parents with toddlers really need more restaurants like this...but going by dancing cup's execution ...I think I'll stick with the mainstream restaurants and a pack of crayons!

DancingCup, Owner at Dancing Cup, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2017

We are sorry you had a bad experience. We do like to address issues like these at the time, however we thank you for sharing your comments on here.
We have investigated all the points you raised. We began renovating the indoor play area on Friday 25th. Although we hadn't received your post by then, we were aware that some of the toys had reached the end of their lives. They are being replaced. To reassure you on cleanliness, all toys and the entire soft play area including the floor mats are removed, cleaned and sterilised every day.
I'm afraid we have no record of any arguments between staff and management. The subject has been raised and discussed with all staff accordingly.
We are sorry you were bothered by mosquitos. We have had excessive rain over the last few days which can sometimes result in this happening. We are glad that we were able to provide you with our repellent. Sorry, you do not like to use a repellent you are not familiar with. Our repellent is made in house, and we only use water and organic essential oils. We have a full list of ingredients should you visit again.
We are sorry you do not like the ice cream. It is made from the only Jersey herd in Uganda, in Jinja. It is very pure and contains no artificial flavorings or colors. We find the majority of customers love it and appreciate the lack of chemicals and preservatives, but we understand it may not be to everyone's taste.
We have taken your comments seriously, and where possible will improve the areas of concern you have raised. Thank you.

Reviewed 6 June 2017

Usually love the Dancing Cup, but not been for a meal there for some months. Breakfast there is fantastic, try the poached egg and avocado on a bagel, total comfort food! However, we went this weekend for lunch and what a disappointment! Two of us found hairs in our food (long, thick black hairs cooked right into a fish finger, and one in a falafel ball). Another family member found two ants in the mashed potato. Completely put us off our lunch. My husband could not get his meal choice, so they offered him a similar alternative, which was also not available, then a third option, which turned out to be dry chicken with a lumpy, unpleasant sauce.The service was so slow, we couldn't be bothered to order another meal. We did complain, but were just offered more of the same. Not a pleasant experience, and probably won't go back. There are too many good choices in Kampala to bother with a bad one.

DancingCup, Owner at Dancing Cup, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2017

I am so shocked to hear this. We have launched a full inquiry into the circumstances. We would like to opportunity to compensate you for this. please send an email to dancingcup@yahoo.com and I shall personally ensure further action is taken. We apologise unreservedly and hope you give us a chance to make amends.

Reviewed 21 May 2017 via mobile

I have been to this restaurant already 2-3 times, and every time I am in Kampala I like going back. First of all, I always find used books that I can buy there! Then I enjoy the quality food. I tried their Italian cuisine and I was very satisfied, then I tried their hamburger, which was very well prepared, juicy and tasty. It is a nice place to entertain kids, especially on Sundays, there is an artist who works with the kids to help them with their creative side. It is a quite location to have good conversations with your friends and have a good time!

DancingCup, Owner at Dancing Cup, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2017

Many thanks for your loyalty and very kind words. We look forward to seeing you again soon and hopefully earning that extra star! I will share your comments with the team. Much appreciated.