“great place”

Greyhound Hall of Fame
Ranked #6 of 9 things to do in Abilene
Reviewed 9 July 2018

Great place to visit, easy access and easy to find. Lots of things to see within walking distance. The dogs are always at hit.

1  Thank N7040GKloris
in 6 reviews
"ambassador"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

Greyhounds — the BEST DOGS EVER. Interesting memorabilia and Ginger and Gary are the best greeters! Film was interesting but dated.

Reviewed 26 May 2018 via mobile

Wasn't originally going to stop here, but then I found out they have actual greyhound dogs and it is free. I like animals, so I decided to stop in. Ginger, greyhound dog, ran over to me and was so friendly, but not overbearing. I was glad I visited even if was just for seeing Ginger. The employee/volunteer (?) encouraged me to watch the 10 min film and I did. I thought it was interesting, more than I thought it would be. The film and the museum talked about the dogs and not just racing. I learned a lot about greyhounds, and found the dogs and their history are fascinating! Would highly recommend if you have children that like animals that you stop here and let them meet the dogs Ginger and Gary. Since it's free, it's worth it just to stay a few minutes and meet the dogs and see greyhounds in person.

1  Thank Amanda G
Reviewed 21 April 2018 via mobile

We went here only because it was recommended in all the tour books. We had no interest in greyhound racing but the resident dogs did great us and were cute.
I’m sure if you had an interest in dog racing you would love the museum items.

1  Thank KJL0823