Kathmandu Home Nepal
  • Pool
US$110
US$55
  • Restaurant
Hotel Yak & Yeti(Kathmandu)
US$163
Hotel Shanker(Kathmandu)
US$121
US$50
Priceline
All reviewsac heatermr sujangreat hotelquiet streeta great staythamel arearecommend this hotelstayed herebedroomnepaltrek
Reviewed 8 April 2018

First, the Kathmandu Home Nepal and the Home Nepal annex are a single hotel. TA has them listed, but it’s the same entrance, same desk, same breakfast room. One set of stairs leads you up to rooms. The other to a set of rooms known as the Annex. I arrived to my room reserved months ago to the hotel tired, sick, and cranky. I was not happy. They put me (I’m 66 and I’m I’ll, remember) on a fourth floor walk up. The WiFi kept crashing. There is a construction site directly across the narrow street that creates a terrible racket. Why did I give it 4 Stars, then?
The manager, ManishBasnet, put up with all my whining. He moved me to a first floor room the next morning. He prepared a special breakfast for me-plain white rice, plain toast, etc. that I needed. He referred me to a nearby pharmacist. He could not have been more helpful.

For those of you not cranky or sick, know that is extremely budget, and the neighborhood uninteresting. What the cab ride from the airport did not reveal, and what Manish pointed out, is that the action of the crowded streets is a block away, and runs continuously more than a km past Durban Square to Freak Street.

So while my first impression was very low, it turned out to be a decent budget hotel with great personal staff service.

Room Tip: Get a room in the back away from the construction site!
Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 February 2018

Room was spacious, warm AC and had hot shower. Basin leaked and was repaired with hours.Bed was comfortable and clean. TV worked well and room was peaceful at night so no problem to sleep. Staff very courteous and even cooked breakfast (incl) though i was half an hour late. Would highly recommend and will stay again.

Stayed: February 2018
Reviewed 27 February 2018 via mobile

Myself and my parents stayed here for one night during our short Kathmandu visit. This place deserves a five stars rating because of its excellent customer service and hospitality. The facility is clean and cozy. Staffs speak English very well.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 February 2018

This is my second time staying here at Hotel Kathmandu Home in Thamel, Kathmandu. Hotel is relatively new and everything works as it should. I have stayed at other places in Kathmandu, and this is easily the best deal for the money. 24 hour hot water, AC/heater, stable electricity, stable wifi, fridge in the room, water cooler downstairs and an AMAZING breakfast.

The neighborhood is super quiet, which is nice for Kathmandu.

The breakfast during the high season is an all you can eat buffet with coffee and juice. Food is vegetarian if I remember correctly and is much better than the other places I have stayed at here in Kathmandu. In the low season, they offer juice, coffee, bread, eggs, fried vegetables, corn flakes and a local dish or two. It is very filling and relatively healthy. I have a milk allergy and the owner went out of his way to satisfy my needs. Really appreciated that :-).

I also really like the owners of this establishment. I had a few things I wanted to do here in Kathmandu and one of the owners helped me figure out where to buy some local items which they don't sell in the Thamel area.

I'll be back next year and I wouldn't even consider staying at another place.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 February 2018 via mobile

Quiet but central hotel. Rooms very clean and nice. Breakfast very well. Super kind and helpful staff. Provides many services, all good and cheap. Last day they got Up at 5:30 to cook our breakfast!!!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends