“Organic coffee and best place for lunch and Dinner”

Gaia Restaurant & Coffee Shop
Ranked #19 of 832 Restaurants in Kathmandu
Price range: US$2 - US$8
Cuisines: Asian, Healthy
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Gaia Restaurant & Coffee Shop is specialized in Eurasian cuisine. We offer various breakfast sets and a large choice for your lunch or dinner. Besides that, we offer fresh, organic coffee and various teas, salads and cakes. Inside & outside dining In the sun, in the shadow or inside. Alone, as a couple or with a group. We provide you plenty of seating options, both in- and outside. Various daily newspapers At Gaia you can catch up with the daily news from Nepal and the world. Next to a number of Nepali newspapers we offer three English dailies: The Kathmandu Post, The Himalayan Times and Republica. The Kathmandu Post The Himalayan Times Republica Free Wi-fi Check your e-mail, update your blog and keep track of your Facebook and other social media with our free wi-fi. Ask our staff for the password.
Reviewed 14 December 2017 via mobile

Gaia I visited often when I am alone or with my traveler group, they have been offering best organic coffee ,Lunch and dinner, Staff and owner Hari is great attention for our group and all services are great within downtown in Thamel,Jyatha Kathmandu.Be there for coffee, lunch and Dinner I recommend highly!

Hari Bol S, Owner at Gaia Restaurant & Coffee Shop, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2017

Thank you for nice review sir.
I would also like to let you know that we are running......A pleasant get-a-way from Kathmandu
Gaia Holiday Home in Dhulikhel is the home away from home. Just an hour drive outside of Kathmandu, it gives you an opportunity to be stress-free and relax from all the hustles and bustles of cities, indulging yourself back into the nature and it's surrounding. Not to forget the magnificent views of the Himalayas.
Gaia family
Thank you again.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,127)

Reviewed 12 December 2017 via mobile

Each day I would pass by the restaurant when I walked to Thamel from my hotel. From the outside, the restaurant looked unassuming. On the last evening, I went to Gaia in anticipation of a good meal because of good reviews. The restaurant set up a lovely fire place in its centre court for outdoor dining. The ambience was simply charming. I ordered the Rosemary Chicken which was very much to my liking. The portion was generous for the price of the meal. It’s too bad that I was dining alone so I could not order anything else in the menu. You see, the descriptions of the meals in the menu were enticing.

Thank you for nice review sir.
Gaia family
Thank you again.

Reviewed 29 November 2017 via mobile

We had dinner here on our first night in Kathmandu after it was recommended by staff at our hotel. Initially we sat inside, moving outside once a table became available. There were no momos left when we ordered. We had various curries, fried rice and noodles, as well as hummus to share. All were very nice, especially the paneer curry, and there's a good range of beers. The garden is tranquil compared to the general craziness of Thamel.

Reviewed 25 November 2017 via mobile

After reading all the good reviews I decided to try the place but, maybe bad luck, maybe bad choices I was not satisfied at all: the worst meal I had in Nepal. The pad Thai looked like overbooked spaghetti with curry (?!?!) sauce; the onion rings were ok.
On the other hand the staff was super nice like in all Nepal.

Reviewed 24 November 2017

Nice garden for breakfast and lunch. Food here is awesome. I would recommend Gaia set for breakfast. Lunch will be a bit crowded but you dont have to wait that long for the food to come out. Really nice!