“A nice change from standard nepal food”

Gaia Restaurant & Coffee Shop
Ranked #18 of 829 Restaurants in Kathmandu
Price range: US$2 - US$8
Cuisines: Asian, Healthy
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Gaia Restaurant & Coffee Shop is specialized in Eurasian cuisine. We offer various breakfast sets and a large choice for your lunch or dinner. Besides that, we offer fresh, organic coffee and various teas, salads and cakes. Inside & outside dining In the sun, in the shadow or inside. Alone, as a couple or with a group. We provide you plenty of seating options, both in- and outside. Various daily newspapers At Gaia you can catch up with the daily news from Nepal and the world. Next to a number of Nepali newspapers we offer three English dailies: The Kathmandu Post, The Himalayan Times and Republica. The Kathmandu Post The Himalayan Times Republica Free Wi-fi Check your e-mail, update your blog and keep track of your Facebook and other social media with our free wi-fi. Ask our staff for the password.
Reviewed 15 December 2017 via mobile

Well priced, features a large variety of food from Asian, to traditional, western, etc. The breakfast is incredible, and definitely try a banana lassi while you're here!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,127)

Reviewed 15 December 2017

Pleasant atmosphere with great foods, helpful and attentive staffs, perfect for Lunch and Dinner. The organic coffee here is probably the best in Thamel streets.

Reviewed 14 December 2017 via mobile

Great food , lovey staffs and reasonable price
No doubt it’s the best Place eat in the town
I love the steak here they are amazing after so much dal Bhat ok the Trek

Hari Bol S, Owner at Gaia Restaurant & Coffee Shop, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2017

Thank you for nice review sir.
I would also like to let you know that we are running......A pleasant get-a-way from Kathmandu
Gaia Holiday Home in Dhulikhel is the home away from home. Just an hour drive outside of Kathmandu, it gives you an opportunity to be stress-free and relax from all the hustles and bustles of cities, indulging yourself back into the nature and it's surrounding. Not to forget the magnificent views of the Himalayas.

Reviewed 14 December 2017 via mobile

Gaia I visited often when I am alone or with my traveler group, they have been offering best organic coffee ,Lunch and dinner, Staff and owner Hari is great attention for our group and all services are great within downtown in Thamel,Jyatha Kathmandu.Be there for coffee, lunch and Dinner I recommend highly!

Reviewed 12 December 2017 via mobile

Each day I would pass by the restaurant when I walked to Thamel from my hotel. From the outside, the restaurant looked unassuming. On the last evening, I went to Gaia in anticipation of a good meal because of good reviews. The restaurant set up a lovely fire place in its centre court for outdoor dining. The ambience was simply charming. I ordered the Rosemary Chicken which was very much to my liking. The portion was generous for the price of the meal. It’s too bad that I was dining alone so I could not order anything else in the menu. You see, the descriptions of the meals in the menu were enticing.