“Momo Cooking Class!”

Lunch with Nuns in Shivapuri National Park
Ranked #3 of 67 Shopping in Kathmandu
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Soft adventure specialists that custom tailor experiences - half day, day and multi-day - for solo travellers, small groups and families. Experts answer your question, develop suggestions, do all bookings and deliver the experience. Sustainability certified and industry leaders who are based in Nepal. Mentions on Lonely Planet, National Geographic Adventure, and several other guide books, articles and publications. Experiences in the GO LOCAL, GET ACTIVE, GET IMMERSED and GET INVOLVED categories of products. Offer excursions, treks, soft adventure all over Nepal. All custom tailored.
Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Did the cooking class with chef Asmita today, and we learned how to make Momo. I was the only one in the class, so I had loads of opportunities to ask about other Nepalese food culture too.

We started off taking a walk to the local market to get some ingredients for the momos. Came back to the tour center after that and that's where we got the cooking started! Chef Asmita was very careful and patient in explaining the steps to me, even making sure I get the techniques right!

Generally, it was a very enjoyable experience! Was really surprised by the snickers momo Chef Asmita added at the end! The momo's tasted delicious btw. Can't wait to try them at home!

All reviews
"few hours"
in 10 reviews
"nepalese food"
in 4 reviews
"answered all our questions"

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Very lovely cooking class, I will cook momo to my family when I return home :) We cooked veggie momos - I loved the spinach cheese ones - and Snickers momo for the dessert :) It was informative, short and sweet. Many thanks to Social tours for providing such experience.

Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

We did the momo cooking class this morning and it was great! Our chef Asmita was really helpful and taught us how to do everything, helping us with out technique as we went along! There was only two of us in the class and so we got to choose what we wanted to make (mixed veg and spinach and cheese) and also how spicy we wanted the momos! The momos were delicious and we even got to try a snickers momo at the end!
We found the pay what you think it’s worth principle very stressful- it was a great class but hard to tell what’s a normal amount to give and we’re only students on top of that! We paid 3000 rupees between the two of us but if we’d had more to give we would’ve done!
Would definitely recommend, probably even better in a bigger group!

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

In the cooking class today we made the Nepalese specialty Momo - 2 types ( chicken and mixed vegetable) and two sauces (spicy tomato and peanut). The food was incredible (quite a lot of work involved though) and the delightful instructor was sweet, thorough, highly organized, patient and totally delightful! We shopped first in the local market for ingredients. They were all washed carefully in bottled water and then we set to work chopping, kneading, rolling and cooking the momos. I can recommend Social
Tours enthusiastically ... everything about the experience was wonderful. I was the only one in the class today (my husband tagged along to watch and take some photos... and sample the goodies of course.) Social Tours wants you to have a good experience and I’m sure they would do a fabulous job arranging any of their tours for guests.