Pariwar B&B
US$155
US$98
  • Pool
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$111/night.

Hotel Yak & Yeti(Kathmandu)
US$159
US$130
Hotel Happy Home(Kathmandu)(Great Value!)
US$17
US$16
US$46
US$40
Hotel Shanker(Kathmandu)
US$69
US$64
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$76/night.

US$110
US$40
  • Restaurant
Gokarna Forest Resort(Kathmandu)
US$120
US$97
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$113/night.

Shree Tibet Family Guest House(Kathmandu)(Great Value!)
US$9
US$6
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$7/night.

Dwarika's Hotel(Kathmandu)
US$342
US$240
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewshot waternice terraceday trekstrong wifiannapurna circuitno electricitybreakfast was deliciousexcellent locationnice stayfelt like homerooms are cleandeluxe roomgiriheartairportnepalaccommodation
Reviewed 5 June 2017

NEUTRAL
- the pics look nicer than the actual place, but the rooms weren't terrible

GOOD:
- arranged for pickup from airport. went well. car was really beat up, but I assumed all cars were like that
- I was "upgraded" a bigger/nicer room.. downside.. I may have been charged for it (see BAD section regarding money)
- easy to find on the busy street because of the blinky light sign. after a tiring day, every street and every store starts to look the same
- good location, central to food and shopping (althought dont go shopping here)
- my driver Karma was the best part of my whole trip in Kathmandu. he was the absolute best and I was really happy he was my driver. Patient, kind, funny, and helpful. the tour car was newer and nicer.

BAD:
- i thought breakfast was included. especially since it's a B&B?
- i wanted to hire a driver to see sights. giri helped me with creating an itinerary for two days. i knew i was in kathmandu for a very short time so i wanted to book a driver and hit the pavement running. i did little research on this trip (very unlike me), but i had an estimate of what i thought a driver should cost.. the price given to me was much higher than what i thought it would be. i had visited multiple places this trip and was exhausted. i just wanted to book my driver, drink some water, and take a nap. if I had more time and energy, I would have shopped around for driver prices. giri kept trying to upsell me on tours. his persistence was slightly annoying.
- the check in process was annoying. i had to pay up front in cash so i had to go to the ATM. giri came with me, i MAC'd out money, and he wanted me to pay him in the middle of the bust street. I was annoyed because i didnt; want to whip out a giant wad of cash in the middle of the street. overall, i somehow paid way more than what I had anticipated paying. que sera.
- the water was cold and never heated up. in the mornings and evenings the weather was pretty cold, so taking a cold shower was just not an option. at one point i was able to get the water just below lukewarm so i was able to wash my hair. i only stayed for 3 days so i actually opted to not take a full shower at all. plus the water had a strong metallic smell.
- and lastly, i felt really pressured to write a review. i understand the suggestion.. theyre running a business in a really competitive market.. but hearing it several times was annoying. i like to write reviews because i like to share my experience, but on my own free will. i subconsciously held back from writing a review because i was asked so many times to write one.

overall, I'd stay again if I was in the area, but next time I would love to stay by in bhaktapur. this is place is great for the first time visit to kathmandu.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 May 2017 via mobile

I start off with the pluses of this place..the location is very good(in the heart of Thamel) though if you are looking for something quieter go somewhere else..
The staff is very nice!! The hotel owner Giri, arranged our Lukla-KTM flight and when we were in Naamche and needed to rebook it he helped us straight away.
I think this place worth much less of what they charge..we payed 1670 for deluxe room(although I really don't see what was so "deluxe" about this room)
I felt horrible about the whole mold thing going on inside rooms and the bathroom..I've heard that the hotel
management want to start repairing the rooms..hopefully they will because it really makes the room look(and smell) awful.
Overall nice stay but not worth the money.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 May 2017 via mobile

Unfortunately I can't say that our stay at this hotel was pleasant. Maybe they have different rooms of different quality, it's the only explanation for good reviews that I saw before booking. Our room was really bad, it was not particularly clean, with stains from leaking on the sealing. But the worst part was the bathroom, it was very very old and dirty. The tap water was brounish. Also the room was very noisy, there is a music store below the hotel that plays very loud music all day long. We left after one day and stayed at another hotel, because we couldn't stand it anymore.
But I must say, the staff was friendly.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 May 2017 via mobile

Very average in every way. Keep the shower tap running for 10 minutes before warm water emerge.

Some music noise from surrounding bars until late.

Very centrally located in all things tourists need in Thamel.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 May 2017 via mobile

Stayed for 10 days at this place when I arrived to Nepal and it was 10 days too much. Very dirty, bad smell, no wifi. The manager very pushing to sell trips. Do not understand why they have that good rating at this site. Stay away from this hotel. You can have much better for less money all arround the Thamel.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo