“GOOD THINGS, GOOD DAY”
Review of Festoon Hotel

Festoon Hotel
Ranked #37 of 476 Kathmandu B&B and Inns
Reviewed 1 April 2016

Thank you to Mr Babu and the crew. They are very helpful in every way. Great day, great stay. Fully recommend to the travellers who look for the budget hotel. Stay for several nights , all good things happen. love to come back soon.

Room Tip: Great Location
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Arjuna S
festoon414, Owner at Festoon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2016

Dear Guest
Very Warm Greetings from Festoon Hotel Pvt. Ltd.
Thank you very much for your stay at Festoon Hotel & sharing your wonderful experience on Trip Advisor. We are very happy to receive your feedback and to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Babu Thapa

Reviewed 12 March 2016

Great service, friendly staff comfortable rooms.

Be sure to spend some time on the roof and relax in the sunshine. Our second time staying at this hotel we weren't disappointed. Spend the time to get to know the staff and your stay will be even greater.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ashley E

Dear Sir/Madam,
Very Warm Greetings from FESTOON Hotel Pvt. Ltd.
Thank you so much for your stay at festoon Hotel and sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. We are very happy to receive your feedback and to learn that you enjoyed your stay.

We would be privileged to welcome you again for a memorable stay
Team,
Festoon Hotel

Reviewed 16 January 2016

I had earlier stayed at Hotel Access Nepal around the corner when my trekking company weirdly changed my accommodation to Festoon Hotel, and the difference between the two hotels was HUGE.

It started badly right at the beginning, when the guy on the front desk tried to charge me $10 (USD) for a city map which was obviously free. When I pointed that out, he tried to make out that it was a joke. I assume he saw me as an obvious target, as solo female traveler.

Other than that, the room was damp and mouldy, the bathroom was dodgy, and I don't know if all the rooms are noisy or if I was just lucky enough to get the worst.

Needless to say, I stayed just the one night, and went back to Hotel Access after my trek.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 January 2016 via mobile

I have stayed here so many times now. The staff are so friendly and helpful and the accommodation is great value for money. Really recommend it for a budget stay in Kathmandu. Location is quitter than most as it's down a side street.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 1pixie_12
Reviewed 6 January 2016 via mobile

Some people really disappointed with her girl friend or wife,or other reasons but they angry with others staff,services or other else ,That's not a human manner, I really like travel and I do every year whatever .. And they do negative comment ,negative review !!!

Any way I don't want see negative thing.i really like positive and positive thinking what you found on festoon hotel's staff they are really like chat guest and they do fun with guest.i think that's the best point on tourism.they have really cheap Vechel to rent.they provided us really friendly driver too they don't have five stars quality but they have similar service. I really wanna recommend this hotel who coming 2016 in Nepal.we can blindly believe this hotel they have everything like what water,wifi Vechel tourist guide free information etc.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ramIkebukuro
Travellers also viewed these Kathmandu hotels
0 km away
#54 of 210 in Kathmandu
Hotel Blue Horizon
Hotel Blue Horizon
#87 of 210 in Kathmandu

Been to Festoon Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Festoon Hotel

Address: Thamel-16, Z-Street, Kathmandu, Nepal | G.P.O Box 6711,, Kathmandu 6711, Nepal
Region: Nepal > Central Region > Bagmati Zone > Kathmandu Valley > Kathmandu
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Suites Airport Transportation
Ranked #37 of 476 B&Bs / Inns in Kathmandu
Price Range: $17 - $33 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Festoon Hotel 2.5*
Festoon Hotel is "Where Luxury Meets Affordability." We sure haven’t been to Hotel California but Eagles would certainly love this hotel as much for, despite that we do not have the Stars, we have bountiful of flowers to offer every of our prized customers with warm smile and welcoming embrace. In a world where luxury is often directly proportionally to the amount of green loads in your pockets, two of us young entrepreneurs undertook this sprightly onset with one objective of offering quality service in modest price. Hence our tagline: Where luxury meets affordability. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld, Hotels.com, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Festoon Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.