Hotel Shanker(Kathmandu)
US$54
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$62/night.

Free cancellation until 28/07
Free cancellation until 03/08
US$27
US$24
  • Breakfast included
Shree Tibet Family Guest House(Kathmandu)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 03/08
US$7
Free cancellation until 01/08
US$49
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Silver Home(Kathmandu)(Great Value!)
US$9
US$168
US$117
  • Pool
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$134/night.

Dwarika's Hotel(Kathmandu)
US$240
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
1,799 results
All reviewsrox restaurantclub levelboudhanath stupajogging trackclose to the airportan oasistennis courtspool sidebeautiful propertybit datedbreakfast buffetrooms are largebusy citytravel deskcomfortable staythe hustle and bustlelobby
Reviewed 27 March 2010

We stayed two nights at the end of Sep. The hotel was located outside of city central, but I did not mind the distance. The hotel was big, but it was not crowded and I could relax. The room had woody feeling and great view of Stupa from the room. We were there during Napali holiday and many places were unfortunately closed. So we went to Stupa everyday, early morning and late night. We really enjoyed it. We also ate at the hotel which was good. And it looks like many expatriates also come for restaurant. The swimming pool was big and nice. The next time, I would like to stay longer.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 March 2010

Positives: The hotel's common areas are just gorgeous, and the rooms are pretty enough. The staff is very eager to help.
But.... the hotel doesn't get the concept of what a non smoking room is. I stayed in this hotel for 10 days, and the mattress was so uncomfortable that I had bruises on my hips from the protruding metal springs. I got very sick one night after eating a sandwich from room service. The hotel called a doctor right away, but it made me wonder about hygiene in the kitchen.
The hotel is one of the noisiest ones I've ever been too. The noise from the cleaning staff, banging doors, water pipes, screaming babies, loud TVs, etc is just relentless whether day or night. Sound insulation between the rooms and between the hallway and rooms is non-existent.
Overall it's not up to Hyatt standards.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank travelingchrissy
Reviewed 9 March 2010

This is a perfect getaway for weary hikers. The service was good througout our 4 day stay here. Standards were kept true to the Hyatt Regency standards internationally.

Choice of breakfast buffet was great - wonderful spread of local & international cuisine.
Rooms were spacious. I had some heating problems with my room - as did one of my colleague. It seemed to be a common problem as some other guests were complaining at the Front Desk about heating problems as well. All rooms were given extra blankets so, mine did the job.

Not many business people stayed here as breakfast was full of leisure travellers so, sometimes it got quite noisy. The hotel is also located away from eateries or shops, so you had to travel for about 30mins by taxi for food or a spot of shopping.

Overall a slightly cold but comfortable stay in this wonderful country!

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 February 2010

Had the pleasure of spending a little longer time over the weekend at this property.

Good size room; nice furniture. I was warned to watch out for properties with good heating. Did not think that it would be an issue at the Hyatt but ... I had to ask for a movable heater. The windows were not terribly tight and it was remarkably warmer outside than inside.

Amazing TV selection; something I had not expected in Nepal. Also, the hotel managed to keep light/electricity for most of the time. Short power outages but otherwise very good.

I liked the hardwood in the room and in the hallway. Great bathroom with bathtub and shower. Having said that, I managed to flood the bathroom every morning. The water pressure was so strong and the door had a bit of a gap ... sorry housekeeping.

I also very much liked the hotel entrance; nice local feel with the musicians playing every evening.

Good breakfast buffet and changing diner buffet theme.

I was able to enjoy relaxing walks around the property; nice surroundings with water streams, vegetable garden, big swimming pool and leisure pools, tennis court etc.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank srhmmj
Reviewed 8 February 2010

Really good view of the Stupa. Excellent place to rest.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled on business