Hotel Shanker(Kathmandu)
US$54
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$61/night.

Free cancellation until 28/07
US$62
US$53
  • Restaurant
Free cancellation until 03/08
US$27
US$24
  • Free Breakfast
Hotel Silver Home(Kathmandu)(Great Value!)
US$9
Free cancellation until 01/08
US$49
  • Free Breakfast
Shree Tibet Family Guest House(Kathmandu)(Great Value!)
US$7
US$6
Priceline
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$7/night.

US$100
US$70
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$79/night.

Free cancellation until 02/08
US$216
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$240/night.

Hotel Yak & Yeti(Kathmandu)
US$200
Cancelon
All reviewsbeautiful rooftop gardentibetan foodhot waterroom was cleanrooftop restaurantmy home away from homethe hotel stafftop floorstayed for nightsmonkey templewi filocation is greati highly recommend this hotelwould definitely stay here againtucked awaya great place to staybudget hotel
Reviewed 2 July 2017

The location of this hotel made my stay enjoyable as the market area is just few steps away. There's also a convenient store close by, so I could quickly grab some last minute items. The staff were friendly and helpful. One thing I can't forget to mention is the beautiful rooftop garden. It became a routine thing for me to have a cup of coffee while sitting at the rooftop with a good view. The rooms were cozy with a balcony.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank berserker42
Kunsang D, Owner at Hotel Excelsior, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2017

Thank you for the encouraging review and we look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Reviewed 2 July 2017

Had an amazing time in Kathmandu, and what made it better was my stay at Hotel Excelsior! The staff are so welcoming, friendly and very eager to help. Although the hotel has been there for a long time, the rooms are clean and well maintained. Breakfast was delicious. I especially loved for the coffee and lemon iced tea. They were in the process of building their roof top restaurant when we were there and it looked beautiful. Too bad we had to leave before it officially opened. The hotel is located in the heart of Thamel, which is a hub for tourists, and filled with shops, restaurants, bars etc. I will definitely be returning to Excelsior on my next trip!

Stayed: February 2017
1  Thank NishiAngel

Thank you and now our roof top restaurant is ready and we look forward to seeing you soon.
Thank you from us all at the Excelsior.

Reviewed 26 June 2017

I stayed at Hotel Excelsior on the recommendation of a friend who had previously stayed a few years back. I was not disappointed with the room, service, and food. I asked for an airport pick up and was welcomed by a friendly man who gave me a lot of recommendations. The room was clean and well maintained (I was also told that the washrooms were recently renovated!). I only had 2 days in Kathmandu, so this location was convenient for me as everything was close by and walkable distance. I spent a lot of time at the rooftop restaurant where I met the owners of the hotel. They spend a lot of time on the rooftop and I was able to have great conversations with them (learned a lot about Nepal). The view on the rooftop is absolutely beautiful with an amazing view of the Kathmandu valley and the surrounding mountains :)

The food at this hotel is also good, but the coffee deserves a special shoutout! Overall I highly recommend this cute budget hotel in the middle of Thamel.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Krystal K
Reviewed 2 June 2017

We booked this hotel through booking.com seeing its outstanding 9.2 exceptional point. Rooms are with balcony really well decorated and have all the facilities like hot water cold water good Wi-Fi. the staffs are polite and helpful.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 June 2017

Staff are really friendly, They welcomed us like a family, the location is great, all the shops, restaurant are nearby.The roof top terrace, the breakfast and unlimited hot coffee. We had a pleasant stay here after our trekking.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank salinasimki
ExcelsiorManagement, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Excelsior, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2017

Dear Guest,

We are grateful for your kind words and are happy that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. The rooftop terrace is a new renovation to our hotel and we are glad that you were able to experience it! We look forward to welcoming you in the future.

Thank you and Namaste!