US$151
  • Pool
Hotel Shanker(Kathmandu)
US$54
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$61/night.

US$36
US$32
US$49
US$32
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Yak & Yeti(Kathmandu)
US$146
US$117
US$100
US$73
  • Breakfast included
Shree Tibet Family Guest House(Kathmandu)(Great Value!)
US$7
US$6
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$7/night.

Gokarna Forest Resort(Kathmandu)
US$120
US$96
Priceline
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$115/night.

Dwarika's Hotel(Kathmandu)
US$344
US$216
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$240/night.

All reviewshot water bottleselectric blanketseco friendlyorganic foodnewari architecturetraditional stylemorning yogainner courtyardan oasisdeluxe roombeautiful hotelthe hustle and bustlewood carvingsno air conditioningdurbar squareeco hotelbeautiful garden
Reviewed 16 April 2018

Beautiful historical place in a quiet street in busy Thamel
Eco friendly, nice garden and surroundings
Breakfast is fine
rooms with courtyard view are not that bright... prefer the ones on the other side (still quiet)
still a bit expensive for Nepal

Room Tip: rooms within courtyard are not that bright... while really quiet
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 April 2018 via mobile

We stayed three nights at the Kantipur Temple Hotel, which is an oasis of calm amid the hustle and bustle of Kathmandu. The staff and founder, Bharat Basnet, couldn’t have done more to make us feel welcome and comfortable, they were all so friendly and kind.

The building itself is beautiful, full of carved wooden shutters and decorative features. The eco-friendly approach is great to see, avoiding use of plastic and solar powered hot water. The rooms were very comfortable and quiet and the meals were delicious, lots of choice between local Nepalese, Chinese/Thai, Indian and continental. The amazing latte coffees and breakfast pancakes deserve special mention!

We didn’t get to try to morning yoga sessions in the garden, but we will definitely be returning for another visit soon so we can.
Thank you so much to the staff at Kantipur Temple for looking after us so well!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 April 2018

Provided by the hotel before my arrival i got picked up at the airport by two very friendly guys.
When I entered the hotel, I was immediately greeted, served a lovely cup of their homemade herbal tea and welcomed with a genuine smiles from the entire staff.
I got a tour around the hotel, and the gentleman who showed me around answered all my questions and told me the history behind the hotel. It has a beautiful garden where they arrange free yoga classes in the morning. They also have a cozy cafe with organic coffee.

I was showed to my room which was a standard twin room. It was very spacious, clean and smelled like my favorite sent; sandalwood. The only sound you could hear from the outside world was the birds, which is rare to find when you find yourself in the middle of the busy area of Thamel. The hotel even provided their own personalized envelopes, cards and note blocks that was made by recycled paper.

It took some time for the water in the shower to become warm, but I was notified about this when showed to my room, Reason behind this is because they use solar power systems. They also have a "no plastic philosophy" which I find very quaint. Drinking water was provided in a beautiful jar. The wifi connection was good throughout my whole stay.

I tried the room service, and I couldn't be happier with the food or the service. I ordered the Nepali Thali set menu 1. It came with a starter; vegetable soup and momos, thali set with rice, dhal, vegetables, meat, and yogurt. The dessert was also lovely, Nepali sweet yogurt with cinnamon. Everything was delicious and delivered fast to my room. Good selection of different types of food; Continental and Nepali. They try to make all their food with organic ingredients and you can really tell they've put their heart and soul in making the food. The same goes for the breakfast.

I was lucky enough to have my breakfast with the owner himself Mr. Bharat Basnet, wonderful man with many nice stories to tell.

I strongly recommend this hotel to anyone who cares about the environment and those who is looking for an authentic unique experience in the heart of Kathmandu.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

A near new hotel but beautifully built in traditional style. No elevator, but stairs are good :). Well located. It has everything needed for a short stay. Plastics are discouraged - BYO water container and fill it from large containers in the dining room whenever needed. Big comprehensive breakfast. Friendly staff. Good lunch and evening menu if needed - but lots of other eating options nearby - but most are similar prices. We asked for an airport pick up on arrival and this worked perfectly. The owner enthusiastically greets you upon arrival and usually spends time chatting. Cards accepted but (3.5% ??) surcharge added. The alternate is to get local cash with the nearby money changers. I’d be very happy to stay here again.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

The Kantipur Temple House Hotel has amazing charm. It’s philosophy is to be as environmentally friendly as possible. The rooms are spacious and clean but quite basic. The bed was firm but comfortable. The staff are tremendous and very helpful and willing to provide travel and visit advice. Breakfast was kind of ok, very simple, ok if you are not looking for the “full English”. We found ourselves popping out afterwards and frequenting some of the marvellous coffee houses dotted around close by for a decent coffee and pastry. That being said, lunch and dinner was excellent. Very high standard of food at very reasonable prices. Sitting outside in the lovely garden was nice. This hotel is extremely quiet inside and is a lovely haven when you have had enough of the hustle and bustle outside. It’s location is excellent, perfect walking distance to the centre of town. If you are the ultra cautious type note that the fire safety standards appeared much less than a branded hotel would allow. I could not see any sprinkler system, smoke detectors or fire alarms and the egress from our room was only one way out to the entrance. No fire escape stairs. With the hotel containing loads of old wooden fixtures, I had to admit, this was a little concerning. I wasn’t too impressed by the latch and padlock system on the doors. Quite easy for someone to inadvertently trap you in the room. But apart from these Health and Safety matters, the hotel was absolutely stunning, very different and very charming.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple