All reviews reef restaurant living room restaurant upstairs money exchange top floor front desk staff visit kathmandu rooftop bar hot water hotel is located wonderful stay thamel area comfortable stay budget hotel rubin heart noise
Reviewed 17 December 2017 via mobile

I stayed here as part of a large group and found the location right I the middle of Thamel very handy. Lots of shops and cafes around. There was live music in the restaurant on the nights we stayed which was quite loud, but stopped at around 11pm. Friends stayed on lower levels and didn’t hear the music, so if you want an early night ask for a room on the lower floor. Would recommend!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank alimack77
Reviewed 12 December 2017

Welcoming, friendly and helpful service at all times. With 5 star cleanliness and facilities.Free wifi, money exchange, spa, saloon, atm inside the hotel, security guards stationed in every floors. Good location for shopping at Thamel Street.
Breakfast was sumptuous and delicious" at 5th floor with awesome view at the morning.

Room Tip: Best location, clean and comfortable, professional staff, security guards stationed in every floors.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank suzie t
Reviewed 10 December 2017 via mobile

I was initially booked in for 2 nights by my tour company. But My love for this place grew each day, as I extended my stay to 12 nights. Upon arrival,I was greeted by the staff. I was tired and exhausted having travelled for 28 hours. The staff was generous because he let me check in early. I was very thankful to him. The room I was given was clean, spacious and modern. There was free WiFi , two TVs with cable
( one in the living room and another in the bedroom) electric kettle , hair dryer. House keeping staffs were very helpful with cleaning my room.

Delicious Breakfast was served on the 5th floor. Some days we had buffet and some days we had a la carte . Given choices from three breakfast set on the a la carte menu I would always eat Reef’s special. The view from the restaurant was awesome in the morning. In the evening, the restaurant turns into a club. Live music everyday at reef, so for the light sleeper, you will have to stay on the lower floors.

The hotel has atm, coffee shop, souvenir shop, spa, money exchange and hair salon making easier for the guest. The market, pubs and restaurants are just few mins walk from the hotel. Taxi and rickshaw are easily available outside the hotel. The hotel even arranges your tour and ticketing. So if you have any questions, staff are well trained to assist you. They go beyond their means to help you. I would like to thank Anu, Baba and Suman for making my stay pleasant. And also would like to thank ram from reef and the entire Gaju and reef team. I would love to stay here again during my next visit. Good luck team Gaju and reef.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 December 2017

It just feels so good to be back at my second home Gaju Suite Hotel.
Always at its best. Even after years people still recognize you :)
Room are always good with excellent service. They knows the requirement of guest so deliver accordingly.They added the customize amenities which is top notch.So happy to be back will look forward to stay again.

Room Tip: quieter floor
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 December 2017 via mobile

Room 103- no natural light : like living in a cave. Bad furniture, shower not working, aircon malfunctioning, spent 3 depressing nights here, didn't complain because put here by trekking company. Front staff friendly enough when they managed to unglue their faces from their smartphones to attend to the guest's needs. Breakfast in reef restaurant very nice, good view and usually included in Tariff. Second stay after trek for one night was much better room- maybe because I mentioned problems when I checked out first time! To be fair, extra blanket provided promptly when requested and also assistance with working the television. But make sure you check the room first to avoid the crap rooms.Central to Thamel and its marvellous array of delights.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo