“Paradise and angels”
Review of Begnas Lake Resort

Begnas Lake Resort
Ranked #51 of 109 Hotels in Pokhara
Reviewed 9 April 2011

Begnas happened to us by chance as sometimes the best things in life do. I travelled with my family with two young childre and stayed for three nights. Our special gratitude to the General Manager, Mr. Arjun and Shagun and the whole staff especially Hari (for the 7 hrs trek to Begnas Court where he was encouraging my son to walk) and Nobin for the Gorung village walk. The staff made us feel home and were extreme;y polite and welcoming. My family is deeply touched by the experience. The location is away from the madding crowds and perfect to unwind in pure nature. The food (local fish) was great too. We all would love to go there again.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 7 April 2011

* great service - a lot 4/5 star hotels worldwide can learn from these guys!
* friendly staff
* fresh fish every day
* nice pool
* great massage to relax from trekking
* calm environment

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Daan_vd_Brink
Reviewed 4 March 2011

Begnas lake is 12kms awy from main lake of Pokhara - Fewa. So, the resort lacks the hustle and bustle of Pokhara crowd and market. BUT, we wanted just that !! We got the tranquility, peace, warmth and friendliness, superb location and staff, excellent food and hospitality. We good like to go back again and again to this resort. Pokhara is only 1hr from this resort and we spent a whole day there at Pokhara. This resort has most modern facilities like - swimming pool, bar, resturants, games, garden, magazines, room service - but in a natural setting. Rooms are ok and clean. We LOVED the 2 nights stay here. the view of mountains was also amazing. One comment for improvement (though may not be relevant if you want to stay away from the rest of the world) is a TV with a satellite connection in rooms and common places. I missed it a bit but my wife and kid was happy that TV was not there... they got my full time for them even during the cricket world cup month !!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 January 2011

I chose this property after reading the reviews on TA and I'm glad I did. This was our Christmas break, Dec. 24 and Dec. 25 in between the craziness of Pokhara, Kathmandu and Chitwan and it was perfect; serene beauty, good food and helpful, polite staff. I would recommend this hotel to all as a place to get away and view the mountains and the lake from a quiet vantage point. Take a hike around the local villages, see the rice fields and enjoy the surroundings.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 January 2011

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights in November 2010. It is a 30-45 min canoe ride to and from the hotel so if you plan on going into Pokhara, it can be a trip. The room was a cabin with the most amazing view of the lake and himalayas beyond but minimal in decor. Two twin beds were pushed together and were quite hard. The bathroom was small compared to the size of the room itself which was spacious. There is no TV or internet, electricity and hot water fluctuates for preservation so you have to plan your showers accordingly. There are many paths for sight seeing, a fishing village right next door and roosters roam the grounds. This really is an escape from everything...back to books and conversation. There is a bar in the main lodge and at happy hour most of the hotel guests come together for some friendly chatting. The restaurant food for both breakfast and dinner is decent. The staff is very friendly and eager to make friends. While this is a "resort and spa", we would not recommend booking a massage. After some trekking my husband and I decided to treat ourselves and had an experience to say the least. I was taken into a cabin and sat on a stool, completely nude, with a space heater next to me while the massage began, I was continued to be massaged with oils that were far from aromatherapy and smelled closer to cooking oils while uncovered the whole time. We spent the next hour in the shower in our room scrubbing each other free. It was the worst massage treatment we have ever experienced. Definitely go to get away but get a massage at home.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple